Are you interested in working with a company that values people and has a passion for service? Do you want to become part of an organization that cares about your personal and professional growth? If you have answered YES to these questions, then you should consider working for The ReDCo Group!
The ReDCo Group, is one of the largest providers of accessible, outcome-based behavioral/mental health and intellectual disabilities services in the state of Pennsylvania. At The ReDCo Group, we deliver exceptional value by creating healthier communities through the work of exceptional people. Our more than 700 employees provide the highest-quality home- and community-based human services in 9 counties in the state of Pennsylvania.
A person in this position reports directly to the Residential Program Specialist/Manager and is responsible for the overall operation and efficiency of community home(s). Assignments are varied in nature and include job tasks which are directed toward helping individuals with developmental disabilities live independently in the community.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall responsibilities may be for a single site or more than one site as decided upon by program management.
- Ensures that the site is safe, clean, and secure at all times; that all maintenance and household chores are performed according to schedule; that the site is maintained in accordance with company policies, procedures, and regulatory requirements; that all records and charting including but not limited to household funds, individual funds, medical records, and other daily and historical logs are up to date and accurate; and that all staff assigned to the site act as a cohesive team to accomplish an environment that promotes a healthy living environment for the consumers.
- Supervises Residential Program Workers assigned to the site; trains all workers assigned to the site to ensure that they function appropriately in performing their job tasks in compliance with expected standards of care and delivery of services; provides feedback to staff on performance and recommends corrective action to the Program Specialist if necessary; ensures that work-related information is disseminated accurately and timely from site to office and office to site.
- Schedules staff efficiently to ensure adequate coverage; utilizes replacement staff when appropriate in the cases of vacancies and inability for scheduled workers to report for duty; verifies the accuracy of hours worked by direct care staff and makes appropriate corrections/notations prior to submission for payroll processing; abides by company policies and procedures which require efficient utilization of staff.
- Participates in the pre-assessment and assessment processes for consumers; participates in the planning, development, and implementation of Individual Program Plans for the consumers. Reports concerns and makes recommendations of consumer issues to the Program Specialist.
- Provides social, emotional, and environmental supports to ensure the happiness, health, and safety of the consumers; provides support in activities of daily living such as personal hygiene and appropriate dress; assures that each consumer participates in social/leisure/recreational activities.
- Schedules appointments for services such as doctor, dental, vision, and therapeutic visits; accompanies consumers on such visits and provides follow up information to the Program Specialist in an accurate, timely manner.
- Ensures that accurate medication administration procedures are followed through close monitoring; takes corrective action if necessary.
- This position provides on-call assistance on a rotating schedule.
- Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position is responsible for the day-to-day oversight of a residential location or locations. This position directly supervises residential direct care workers.
- The duties of this job require fine motor skills to write neat, legible notes, read and understand program documentation, and completing keyboarding entry.
- The duties of this job involve physical movements such as lifting, stooping, bending, squatting, pushing, pulling, and reaching: The physical demands described herein are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to fingers, handle, or feel; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- The work environment for this position is a community home setting. The home may support multiple individuals with intellectual disabilities. Staff members in this position are required to work both within and outside of the home setting. Community activities are a frequent part of this position’s job duties. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- This position requires a minimal amount of personal travel; however, extensive travel utilizing company-owned vehicles is required on a frequent basis.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must be at least 18 years of age and have a valid Pennsylvania driver’s license with good driving record. A high school graduate or possession of a general equivalency diploma is preferred.
- One year of experience as a Residential Direct Care Worker or two years of direct service experience in a human services agency, one of which must have involved working with intellectually disabled individuals or any equivalent combination of experience and training.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years of related work experience in supporting individuals with intellectual disabilities in the community
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Ability to read and understand documents and instructions in English. Ability to respond effectively to inquiries. Ability to communicate instructions clearly to staff members both verbally and in writing.
Basic mathematic ability including addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division.
Ability to read instructional bulletins and/or participate in training sessions then translate information provided into day-to-day work duties.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
The ReDCo Group is committed to creating the best possible work environment for our team members and offers the following total rewards package:
- Organization and attention to detail
- Clear written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills including ability to learn the electronic time and attendance system
- Ability to develop and maintain a positive and understanding attitude toward the participants.
- Ability to make sound judgments regarding the health and welfare of the participants.
- Ability to respond to emergency situations appropriately.
- Ability to work as a member of a team cooperatively and ethically to insure that the home is a safe, happy, and clean environment.
- Ability to establish effective working relationships with co-workers, supervisors, families, and others who are essential for the wellbeing of the participants.
- Ability to learn and comprehend behavior management and program planning principles and applicable safety and health measures.
• Competitive Salary
• Medical, Dental, Vision including a Health Savings Account
• Health, Dependent and Transportation Flexible Spending Accounts
• Basic and Optional Life Insurance for Employee, Spouse and/or Dependents
• Training, Development and Continuing Education Credits for licensure requirements
• Opportunities for advancement! As we grow, you grow with us!
The ReDCo Group is an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic.