As Qualtrics’ business has grown, so has the demand for services we offer in tandem with our software. The Qualtrics Research Services Team is one of the largest and most consistent single-team contributors to Qualtrics’ overall revenue. Our biggest challenge is accurately predicting our resourcing needs to keep up with the incredible growth and complexity of the Research Services business unit. We are seeking a highly independent, operational expert to oversee and optimize our Research Services capacity, ensuring we can continue to supply exceptional experience to all our customers as we continue to grow.
Expectations for Success
The resource planning analyst role oversees our global Research Services capacity. This is a high-profile, analytical, and operational role that is central to scaling our growth. In this role, you will:
- Partner with senior leadership across the globe to help manage their team’s capacity, monitor the pipeline of incoming customer work, and ensure we have adequate resources to begin engagements without delay.
- Ensure the handoff motion from sales to services is continually improving and that appropriate resources are staffed for each engagement.
- Maintain and refine a robust analytical model that forecasts our Research Services capacity across different skills and regions globally.
- Identify strategic recommendations on how to optimize our resource planning, including how we route engagements and when to hire more consultants or decrease demand as appropriate.
- Collaborate with business leaders to execute on your ideas and initiatives, taking your recommendations through to real customer impact.
Qualifications & Requirements
- BA / BS degree
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- 4-6 years experience in operations management, financial management, or workforce management
- Strong analytical problem solving skills with experience creating analytical forecasts
- Ability to work cross-functionality and influence outcomes without direct authority
- Experience managing priorities and timelines without significant oversight
- Proficient in Excel and other analytics tools (i.e. SQL, Tableau)
- Experience extracting/analyzing data from an enterprise resource planning tool (i.e. MavenLink, FinancialForce, OpenAir, SAP S/4HANA, Workday PSA)
- Ability to travel once per quarter for in-person business planning sessions (post-pandemic).
- 2 years experience in resource planning, workforce optimization, or forecasting of FTE needs
- 2 years experience in an highly analytical role
- Prior experience in a technology services delivery context
- Prior experience creating operational demand or capacity forecasts
- Degree in statistics, data analytics, data science, or other related STEM degree
A Day in the Life
- Weekly meetings with global delivery leaders (US, EMEA, APJ) review team capacity and using data/analysis to advise leaders on actions to solve resourcing issues.
- Regularly monitoring resourcing, pipeline, and long-term forecasting data to determine if we are able to meet customer demands and also keep the team busy with billable work to maintain our services profit margins.
- Refinement of an analytical model to forecast our global services capacity, taking into account the high-volume, highly variable/complex nature of Research Services projects.
- Analysis to identify strategic and tactical changes to our resource planning and optimization process / systems
- Execute / roll out policy changes that drive improved resource optimization and customer experience