At Methodist Hospital of Southern California, every team member of our 348-bed hospital strives to provide an exceptional patient experience while exemplifying our shared values of iRAISE - Integrity, Respect, Accountability, Innovation, Safety and Excellence. We achieve this through compassionate care, creating lifelong relationships by changing the way health and healthcare are delivered in our community.We currently have Per Diem opportunity on the Night shift for a Respiratory Care Practitioner II in the NICU.
Minimum qualifications include:
- High School Diploma or equivalent, required
- NICU Respiratory Care Practitioner with Pediatric experience, required
- RRT certification, required
- Complete and maintain NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Program) certification, required
- Minimum of two years in Critical Care experience, required
- BLS and ACLS certifications
- Ability to read, write and speak English
- Complete and maintain PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support) certification, preferred
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct bedside spirometry test including VC and FEVI.
- Consistently demonstrates knowledge of setting up equipment, equipment operations, and trouble-shooting all respiratory equipment in the department. Maintains and keeps all preventive maintenance records. Keeps equipment clean and ready to use between patients (after training).
- Demonstrates ability to assess patient for therapy and assess outcome of treatment and interventions and progress.
- Demonstrates ability to Set up bronchoscopy equipment and effectively assists physicians during procedures (after training).
- Demonstrates ability to set up equipment, administers respiratory medications and treatments as ordered by the physician.
- Demonstrates effective monitoring of environmental control systems and patients on continuous ventilation. Perform and evaluate weaning of patients from continuous ventilation.
At Methodist Hospital, you’ll enjoy an excellent compensation and benefits package (Medical, Dental, Vision, Retirement Savings Plan with match, Life Insurance, Flexible Spending Account, Employee Assistance Program, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Time Off, Free Parking, Child Care, Employee Referral Bonus Program, etc.), including professional development programs, and much more. Living and Working in the San Gabriel Valley:
The City of Arcadia is located in the beautiful San Gabriel Valley, which is one of the best places to live and work in California and is just 15 miles north of downtown Los Angeles. The region offers a multitude of diverse entertainment, shopping and exceptional restaurant options. The San Gabriel Valley is less than an hour away from sunny Southern California beaches, and less than two hours away from local mountain resorts like Big Bear and Lake Arrowhead.
Locally, Arcadia is a wonderful, thriving community featuring the Los Angeles County Arboretum and Botanic Gardens as well as the Santa Anita Park racetrack, and is located next to the City of Pasadena, which hosts the New Year’s Day Rose Parade and Rose Bowl game annually. The region boasts excellent public and private schools and universities close by, including Cal Tech, USC, UCLA, Cal State Northridge, Cal Poly Pomona, Azusa Pacific University and the Claremont Colleges. Arcadia was recently named “Best Place to Raise Your Kids” by Bloomberg Businessweek magazine and is the perfect place to call home.