Home Medical Equipment
Full-time: Monday-Friday, 8a-4:30p
Works in a home care environment and assists treatment, management and education of patient’s home medical equipment for those patients with pulmonary disorders.
- Set up and provide education/instruction on safe use of Respiratory equipment in accordance of written physician prescription and patient evaluation.
- Responsible for set up documentation and patient follow up as necessary.
- Ensures quality and safe delivery of services to patients according to plan of care. Uses equipment and supplies safely, effectively, and efficiently.
- Consistently utilizes a patient-centered approach considering physical, psych/social, spiritual, educational, safety
- Develops a field of expertise by maintaining a working knowledge of third party coverage.
- Maintains accurate and timely documentation of clinical records.
- Assist in troubleshooting and preventive maintenance of respiratory equipment.
- Responsible for selecting the most appropriate and cost-effective equipment and supplies from available product options approved by management.
- Conducts clinical review of record to include multi-disciplinary review, coordination of care provided in conjunction with visits and documentation.
- Graduate of a State Board approved program for Respiratory Therapy and valid license as a Respiratory Therapist
- One year critical care respiratory therapy experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative and exercise independent judgment, decision making and problem solving expertise.
- Knowledge of professional respiratory therapy principles and practices.
- Ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Ability to understand and apply guidelines, policies and procedures.