8 days ago
Want to bring the “care” back to the vision care industry? We're looking for charismatic types who are ready to be the heart of our brand. Whether it's a friendly voice over the phone, or a welcoming smile when a patient walks into your store, we need people who are passionate about helping customers look great and see great.
The General Manager (GM) is a natural leader of people and operations who runs their store with the savviness of a personal business owner who knows their way around profitability and the driving factors of success. This person cultivates a unified working relationship with the doctor to create a seamless patient and customer experience. The General Manager will also manage a service driven team to ensure a simple, human and bold patient and customer journey from doctor appointment to eyewear pickup.
· Maximize the store’s profitability without compromising the patient/customer experience by setting and exceeding organization’s financial and performance goals
· Engage regularly with the Doctor to touch base on business needs, associates and patient/customer experience
· Hire, train, coach, develop and support store associates to perform in their respective roles with excellence to ensure a flawless patient/customer experience
· Remove obstacles and find resolution in the patient/customer experience when needed
· Lead, execute and improve all broad operational activities to meet the store's financial and customer experience goals
License State specific responsibilities:
· Analyze and interpret patients’ prescriptions
· Communicate as necessary with the Optometrist to ensure accuracy of prescription.
· Dispense eyewear
· Sponsor Apprentice Opticians
· HS Diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
· Three (3) or more years of related experience required
· Optical management experience preferred
· Licensed GMs must have a current State Opticians License
· Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills
· Work changing schedules to meet business demands
· Work inside location
· Strong organization and supervisory skills
· Speak clearly and effectively
· Calculate, manipulate, and interpret numbers/data
· Read English
· Problem solve, reason and resolve issues effectively
· Use independent judgment and discretion
· Meet customer expectations
· Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
· Think logically
· Follow procedures and instructions
· Use computer effectively and view computer screen
· Exhibit empathy in all situations
· Manage location effectively
· Attention to detail
Training Requirements (where applicable)
· Complete all required company training within required timeframes
· Cross training in all departments as needed
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Essential Responsibilities related toBehavioral Characteristics:
· Must be detail orientated and well organized.
· Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other associates and clients.
· Must be energetic and self-motivated.
· Must be a team player.
· Must be able to problem solve.
· Must work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis
· Must have ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Privacy & Security Training Program.
Visionworks isan equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete additional essential responsibilities as identified and assigned.
Visionworks has been a retailer that cares deeply about providing fashionable, quality eyewear and comprehensive eye examinations to every customer that comes to find their perfect vision and perfect frame. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, Visionworks is one of the largest retail optical chains in the U.S., operating 723 locations in 40 states and the District of Columbia.
With a strong emphasis on the importance of regular, annual eye exams, Visionworks encourages the health and wellness of every customer. With the ability to diagnose vision acuity and detect common health problems like diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol, Visionworks believes the health of one’s eyes should be a top priority. And with qualified doctors at or near every location, Visionworks is prepared to deliver needed eye exams for all those looking to care for their eye health.
Whether providing eye exams or showcasing the thousands of frame choices in-store and online, Visionworks provides a comprehensive eyewear buying experience. With dozens of styles from both top fashion brands and Visionworks’ exclusive lines of frames, Visionworks is as much about fashion as health. Visionworks carries frames tailored to every age range and style, from on-trend styles for the working professional to the largest selection of kids’ frames. The Visionworks calling is to make sure that every customer that enters a Visionworks store, leaves with the best possible vision, and a style that fits their self-expression.
5,000 to 9,999 employees