5 days ago
Want to bring the “care” back to the vision care industry? We're looking for charismatic types who are ready to be the heart of our brand. Whether it's a friendly voice over the phone, or a welcoming smile when a patient walks into your store, we need people who are passionate about helping customers look great and see great.
The Retail Supervisor is a leader that takes initiative and grows the business of their Visionworks location. This person role models the Visionworks way and supervises the store in the absence of the General Manager. The RS will also support the General Manager in achieving store financial goals by demonstrating floor leadership, accountability, and providing associate team with coaching to ensure a simple, human and bold patient and customer journey.
· Promote the store’s profitability and achievement of sales goals by holding self and team accountable to delivering daily, weekly, and monthly targets
· Role model and engage in all steps of Patient/Customer journey, as well as supervise and redirect associates in exam lane and sales floor
· Support General Manager in managing incoming traffic by coordinating and confirming doctor appointments and scheduled eyewear services
· Coach, motivate, and support associates to perform in their respective roles with excellence to ensure a flawless patient/customer experience
· Remove obstacles and find resolution in the patient/customer experience with General Manager partnership
License State specific responsibilities:
· Analyze and interpret patients’ prescriptions.
· Communicate as necessary with the Optometrist to ensure accuracy of prescription.
· Dispense eyewear
· Final inspection
· HS Diploma, GED or equivalent experience required
· 1-5 years of experience required
· Licensed RS will have a State Opticians License
· Communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret insurance forms.
· Work changing schedules to meet business demands
· Work inside location
· Strong organization and supervisory skills
· Speak clearly and effectively
· Calculate, manipulate, and interpret numbers/data
· Read English
· Problem solve, reason and resolve issues effectively
· Use independent judgment and discretion
· Meet customer expectations
· Work under stress with interruptions and deadlines
· Ability to think logically
· Follow procedures and instructions
· Use computer effectively and view computer screen
· Attention to detail
· Exhibit empathy in all situations
· Manage location effectively
· Drive automatic equipment/vehicle continuously
· Optical experience a plus
Training Requirements (where applicable)
· Must complete company training programs within the required time frame
· Cross training in all departments as needed
Essential Responsibilities related to Physical Demands/Work Environment:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the associate is required to stand, use hands and fingers to handle, feel, pick or pinch, and talk or hear most of the time. The associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The associate must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. The noise level in this location is moderate (use of computers, printers and machines).
Essential Responsibilities related to Behavioral Characteristics:
· Must be detail orientated and well organized.
· Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively with other associates and clients.
· Must be energetic and self-motivated.
· Must be a team player.
· Must be able to problem solve.
· Ability to work onsite and participate in interactive onsite meetings on a regular and predictable basis.
· Ability to initiate immediate interaction, coordination and collaboration with team members, clients, customers etc.
HIPAA & Security Requirements
All Associates must comply with the Health Insurance Portability Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) as it pertains to disclosures of protected health information (PHI) as described in the Notice of Privacy Practices and HIPAA Privacy Policies and Procedures. As a component of job roles and responsibilities, Associates may have access to covered information, cardholder data or other confidential customer information which must be protected at all times. As a result, Associates must explicitly adhere to all data security guidelines established within the Company’s Privacy & Security Training Program.
Visionworks is an equal opportunity employer, committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender, national origin, ethnicity, disability or veteran status, or any other protected status designated by federal, state or local law.
The specific statements shown in each section of this description are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements and criteria considered necessary to perform the job successfully. As required by changing business needs, complete additional essential responsibilities as identified and assigned.
Visionworks is an Equal Opportunity Employer. With regard to all employment practices, we do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, creed, sexual orientation, disability, veteran or current military status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state and local law. We strive to employ and promote only those applicants and employees who are best suited for open positions and who possess the necessary skills, education and qualifications for the job.
Visionworks has been a retailer that cares deeply about providing fashionable, quality eyewear and comprehensive eye examinations to every customer that comes to find their perfect vision and perfect frame. Headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, Visionworks is one of the largest retail optical chains in the U.S., operating 723 locations in 40 states and the District of Columbia.
With a strong emphasis on the importance of regular, annual eye exams, Visionworks encourages the health and wellness of every customer. With the ability to diagnose vision acuity and detect common health problems like diabetes, hypertension, and high cholesterol, Visionworks believes the health of one’s eyes should be a top priority. And with qualified doctors at or near every location, Visionworks is prepared to deliver needed eye exams for all those looking to care for their eye health.
Whether providing eye exams or showcasing the thousands of frame choices in-store and online, Visionworks provides a comprehensive eyewear buying experience. With dozens of styles from both top fashion brands and Visionworks’ exclusive lines of frames, Visionworks is as much about fashion as health. Visionworks carries frames tailored to every age range and style, from on-trend styles for the working professional to the largest selection of kids’ frames. The Visionworks calling is to make sure that every customer that enters a Visionworks store, leaves with the best possible vision, and a style that fits their self-expression.
5,000 to 9,999 employees