RETAIL STORE MANAGER
Location - Durango, CO (Relocation options to Durango, CO may be available)
If you love working with people and the idea of making a product that everyone loves, this could be the opportunity for you.
The Retail Store Manager in our corporate owned location manages the daily operations of the store providing quality product and service to our customers.
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Schedule: Varied schedule requiring weekdays, evenings, weekends, and holidays
Qualifications and Skills Required
- Provide excellent customer service, ensuring that each customer has an enjoyable experience.
- Cooking and production of store made product to include but not limited to making fudge, hand dipping of product, and hand crafting of dipped caramel apples.
- Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees; develop staff to enhance skills, performance, productivity, quality of work, and customer service.
- Enforce established employee safety and food safety policies in accordance with OSHA, FDA and local/state regulations.
- Meet store-level sales goals and key performance indicators through knowledge of product, sampling, working with marketing team on store level promotions and advertising, and developing relationships with local companies to partner on corporate sales opportunities.
- Maintain adequate product and supply levels through ordering, stocking, product rotation, and inventory counts.
- Maintain exceptional store appearance ensuring store cleanliness and merchandising standards are met.
- Schedule staff and approve timekeeping records; practice employee and business record keeping in accordance with company and regulatory standards.
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and customer service skills
- Retail or restaurant experience is required
- Leadership experience is preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- Ability to manage several employees effectively
- Must be available to work days, evenings, weekends and holidays; and be willing and able to respond to urgent store matters as needed
- Must be able to travel for job training
- Good math skills, ability to run a cash register, and ability to prepare and make bank deposits
- Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to pass a background check
- Must have ability to solve problems and be proactive in preventing them
- Must be able to carefully follow and convey verbal and written instructions, and have a strong attention to detail
- Must work well under pressure and be able to handle difficult face-to-face situations professionally
- Work with stove and kettles
- Must be able to maneuver throughout store, bend, reach above waist level, grasp small objects, lift up to 50 pounds, perform repetitive motions with wrists and hand, use cooking utensils and specialized confectionery tools, and perform store cleaning tasks, with or without reasonable accommodation.