*Remote Position* *Looking for candidates to reside in NC, preferably in Wilmington, NC*
The team member’s Number One job responsibility is to deliver the most remarkable patient experience, in every dimension, every time, and understands how to contribute to the health system’s vision of achieving that commitment to patients and families. At Novant Health, people are our business. We treat each other with respect and compassion. We embrace the differences in our strengths while fostering an environment of inclusion, empowerment, inspiration and courage. The Revenue Cycle Advocate is responsible for resolving billing concerns for all acute care centers, ambulatory surgical centers, and clinics. This position is responsible for the collection of payments and setting up payment plans prior to or after services has been rendered.
At Novant Health, one of our core values is diversity and inclusion. By engaging the strengths and talents of each team member, we ensure a strong organization capable of providing remarkable healthcare to our patients, families and communities. Therefore, we invite applicants from all group dynamics to apply to our exciting career opportunities.
- Education: High School or GED required.
- Experience: Three years customer service experience analyzing and resolving customer needs; or minimum three years’ Revenue Cycle, Customer Service, or Call Center environment using the telephone and computer to perform job duties required. Minimum two years' Healthcare/Medical Office experience preferred.
- Additional skills required: Personality traits of patience, empathy and compassion. Excellent written and verbal communication skills required. Ability to speak clearly and concisely with a pleasant telephone voice. Must be able to function in a fast paced environment. Willing to work and contribute in a team environment. Ability to balance and prioritize multiple tasks. Flexible to change. Listens effectively. Ability to navigate a computer while on telephone. Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Billing/Finance processes, practices and concepts. Knowledge of Medical terminology and/or Medical claims. Demonstrates ability in customer service problem resolution and relationship building. Must type 40 wpm minimum. Excellent analytical skills. Expected to become proficient in epic and legacy practice management systems with successful completion of all related competencies. Ability to drive/travel to multiple facilities/locations as needed.
It is the responsibility of every Novant Health team member to deliver the most remarkable patient experience in every dimension, every time.
- Our team members are part of an environment that fosters team work, team member engagement and community involvement.
- The successful team member has a commitment to leveraging diversity and inclusion in support of quality care.
- All Novant Health team members are responsible for fostering a safe patient environment driven by the principles of "First Do No Harm".