26 Cummings Road, Tyngsboro, MA 01879-1406
Tel: (978) 649-7501 Fax: (978) 649-9643
(Full Time & Part Time Available)
Piconics Inc, a leading manufacturer of Inductor components for the RF & MW Industry is seeking anRF Engineer to join their team. The position offers the opportunity to guide products from the concept phase all the way through product release and beyond. This is a hands-on position for engineers who enjoy testing and building prototypes in the lab. Full Time RF Engineers along with Semi-Retired Engineers looking to work on a part time basis are encouraged to apply. The position reports to the V.P of Engineering.
- Characterization of Inductor devices up to 40 GHz.
- Develop, build & maintain test fixtures for a variety of measurements.
- Develop and document accurate test procedures for new tests.
- Troubleshoot issues with existing inductor products
- Work with product development team in the development of new products and assemblies
- Perform various RF & environmental tests in response to customer requests
- Work to streamline existing test processes
- Assist customers with selecting inductors for their applications
- Creating application notes and design examples highlighting the benefits of PiconicsInductors
Qualifications / Experience:
- B.S Degree Electrical Engineering or 5 years of relevant Engineering Experience
- 3 years minimumexperience in RF & MW Field
- Proficient with RF Test Equipment(VNA, Impedance Analyzers, LCR-meter)
- Experience with S-parameter measurements up to 40 GHz
- Experience in the design of RF passive components
- Experience with the design and fabrication of test fixtures up to 40 GHz
- Ability to verify accuracy of measurements and troubleshoot inaccuracies.
- Computer skills including Microsoft office & CAD
- Organized with excellent documentation skills.
- Ability to multitask & work in a dynamic, fast paced manufacturing environment
- A self-starter who can work both independently and as a team member
- Capable of handling micro-sized inductor components.
- Ability to work with hand & power tools along with soldering equipment to fabricate fixtures.
Beneficial Experience (not required)
- Passive component design
- Solidworks CAD
- Experience working in a Manufacturing Environment
Benefit of Working for Piconics:
Piconics is an equal opportunity employer with great benefits for full time employees. Benefits include an excellent health and dental plan, 401K, Short & Long Term Disability, Life and AD&D Insurance and Paid Time Off. In addition, Piconics is a family oriented company understanding the flexibility needs of working moms and dads.