At Memorial Hermann, we're about creating exceptional experiences for both our patients and our employees. Our goal is to provide opportunities for our diverse employee population that develop and grow careers in a team-oriented environment focused on patient care.
Every employee, at every level, begins their journey at Memorial Hermann learning about the history of the organization and its established culture built on trust and integrity. Our employees drive this culture, and we want you to be a part of it.Job Summary
Position responsible for performing initial assessment of transplant evaluation patients, assisting the patient for transplant and providing follow-up post transplant.Job DescriptionWE ARE SEEKING EXPERIENCED CRITICAL CARE RN'S WITH TWO OR MORE YEARS OF TRANSPLANT COORDINATOR EXPERIENCE; PREFER SOLID ICU EXPERIENCE AND TRANSPLANT CERTIFICATIONS. MUST HAVE BSN. Minimum QualificationsEducation:
Bachelors of Science in Nursing preferredLicenses/Certifications
: Registered Nurse with a current State of Texas license to practice professional nursingExperience / Knowledge / Skills:
- Two (2) years clinical experience
- Demonstrates commitment to the Partners-in-Caring process by integrating both Behaviors and Operating Principles in all internal and external customer interactions. Performs duties with accountability, competency, innovation, collaboration, compassion and respect to create the best possible outcomes with exceptional customer experiences.
- Performs initial assessment of patients' biophysical and psychosocial status and ensures appropriate actions are taken in relation to the nursing process (assessment, planning, education, intervention, and evaluation), noting all abnormal results and reviewing with transplant surgeon in a timely manner; documents the nursing process, including problem list, plan of care, and patient education.
- Provides appropriate pre/post-transplant interventions within limits of licensure and/or scope of practice; evaluates and collaborates with other healthcare providers to achieve outcomes; plans, coordinates and organizes the discharge plan with inpatient nursing staff to assure continuity of care.
- Directs and provides guidance to staff, case managers, and physicians, ensuring patient care delivery to established standards of practice.
- Ensures safe care to patients, staff and visitors; adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards within budgetary specifications including time management, supply management, productivity and quality of service.
- Promotes individual professional growth and development by meeting requirements for mandatory/continuing education and skills competency; supports department-based goals which contribute to the success of the organization; serves as preceptor, mentor and resource to less experienced staff.
- Other duties as assigned.