RN Case Manager II - LTSS
Care Manager with RN required to support long term services & support Medicaid members in Region 1 (Ashville - West portion of state)
*** This position must reside in Region 1 - West portion of North Carolina ****
The Care Manager assists members appropriate for care management and care coordination services in achieving their optimal level of health through self-management. The Care Manager is responsible for engaging the member, member care giver and providers to assess plan and establish individual member goals. Will facilitate and coordinate care for the members while assuring quality and use of cost-effective resources. The position will function as a single point of contact and be an advocate for members in the care management program. In addition the Care Manager will oversee these same care management activities within assigned AMH Tier III/CIN practices to ensure the AMH Tier III/CIN delivers high quality care management services in accordance with Plan, NCQA, Federal/State standards and requirements.
• Assess members through face to face encounter or by telephone to determine care coordination and care management needs for all referred members.
• Completes comprehensive person centered assessment inclusive of physical health history, mental health history, social determinants of health and supportive needs.
• Coordinates physical, behavioral health and social services;
• Provides medication management, including regular medication reconciliation and support of medication adherence;
• Identifies problems/barriers for care coordination and appropriate care management interventions.
• Creates a plan of care to assist members in reducing/resolving problems and or barriers so that members may achieve their optimal level of health.
• Identifies goals and assigns priority with associated time frames for completion. Shares goals with the member and family as appropriate.
• Identifies and implements the appropriate level of intervention based upon the member’s needs and clinical progress.
• Schedules follow up calls as necessary, makes appropriate referrals. Implements actions to address member issues. Documents progress towards meeting goals and resolving problems.
• Coordinates care and services with the Care Coordinator, Community Health Navigator, and member, member care giver as appropriate, PCP, Specialist, and Facility/Vendor Providers.
• Provides transitional care management. Meets regularly with AMH/CIN regarding Plan identified members for care management, assist with reducing/resolving problems and or barriers so that the AMH/CIN may provide members with high quality care management services.
• Participate in regularly scheduled meetings with the AMH/CIN including but not limited to JOC meetings as needed.
• Active state RN with three years professional practice experience in the long term services and support area.
• Valid driver’s license with car insurance