Rancho Mirage, CA
Rancho Mirage, CA, US
Rancho Mirage, CA
30+ days ago
Cardiac Service Line
Full Time,Day,8 Hour Shift
- Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- The RN-Clinical Coordinator/Educator provides leadership for all aspect of nursing care in the Cath/Ep Lab
- Reports to
- Scott Strech, Administrator Cardiovascular Services
- Staff RN’s, Nursing Assistants, Monitor Tech’s
- Ages of Patients
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- High Potential
- Required: BSN or MSN or enrollment in an RN-BSN or RN-MSN program within 1 year of hire and completion within 5 years of hire if hired after July 1, 2012
- Required: California RN License; American Heart Association BLS, ACLS and PALS; basic EKG course within 90 days of hire and/or successful challenge of EKG exam
- Required: Minimum four years of Emergency Department, ICU or Cath/Ep Lab experience
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns reporting suspected violations.
- Monitors department specific standards of care/practice.
- Monitors unit readiness in TJC, California and Federal standards.
- Ensure daily assessment of unit equipment to maintain quality controls (i.e. Crash Cart check, BGM, Med Refrigerators, ACT (where applicable).
- Ensures unit based patient care equipment is working accurately without defect; places work orders when necessary with subsequent timely follow-up.
- Rounds with staff members/patients daily to evaluate care and services of hospitalized patients.
- Facilitates availability of adequate material resources and supplies.
- Assists control of expenditures within the department.
- Demonstrates proficiency in assessing shift staffing needs consistent with patient mix, census and acuity levels.
- Sets priorities appropriate to daily patient/physician dynamics.
- Assures patient acuity classification is completed and accurate.
- Maintains communication and resolves issues regarding shift activities.
- Coaches and educates staff Nurses regarding clinical questions.
- Retains clinical skills for execution of patient care as necessary including expertise in the initiation of IV therapy.
- Facilitates multidisciplinary patient care planning and rounding.
- Collaborates with staff regarding necessary physician notification.
- Effectively promotes and maintains the shared governance model.
- Completes performance reviews on assigned staff.
- Participates in touch base rounding with case management and primary nurse for patient.
- Administers all aspects of human resource policies including disciplinary action as delegated by Clinical Director.
- Resolves any patient, family or physician concerns/complaints consistent with organization-wide expectations; knowing when to engage the chain of command, (i.e. House Supervisor, Clinical Director or Patient Relations Representative).
- Inputs employees’ timekeeping corrections as indicated on “Timekeeping Correction Form” as per policy.
- Participates in creation of monthly schedule. Ensures schedules are completed in a timely fashion with staffing balance to meet volume needs and skill levels.
- Concurrent monitoring and auditing of electronic and computer systems for compliance and correction with appropriate staff member.
- Ensures staff compliance with required certifications.
- Provides leadership for Radiology Nursing Services.
- Acts as the Educator for the Cath/EP department. Provides education and materials for Cath/EP Lab.
- Demonstrates knowledge of all Cath/EP areas, and can provide patient care in all Cath/EP areas.
- Coordinates trials and acquisition of new equipment and supplies related to nursing supplies.
- Provides training to the Cath/EP Lab staff on computerized charting and Order Entry.
- Submits all new & changed orders to Pharmacy & Therapeutics Committee for approval.
- Attends Committee meetings.
- Takes calls for Cath/EP Lab.
- Participates in the monthly meetings to decide on best practices for the treatment of CVD.