RN Clinical Educator
Rancho Mirage, CA
Rancho Mirage, CA, US
Rancho Mirage, CA
30+ days ago
Administration (Central Valley II Clinics)
Full Time,Day,8 Hour Shift
- Job Objective: A brief overview of the position.
- The Clinical Educator will support the Eisenhower Clinic Division in the planning, development, implementation and evaluation of education programs to promote the development of staff. The Clinical educator is responsible for providing education for professional nursing staff and unlicensed support staff in the clinic/ ambulatory division
- Reports to
- RN- Practice Manager, Director or Chief Administrative Officer
- Ages of Patients
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Moderate Potential
- Required: BSN
- Preferred: MSN
- Required: CA RN License, American Heart Association BLS
- Required: Minimum five years nursing experience
- Preferred: Minimum two years in nursing education
- Essential Responsibilities
- Demonstrates compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and takes action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations.
- Ensures the provision of staff orientation, staff education, and ongoing staff training in accordance with hospital/clinic policies and procedures, evidence based practice, state, federal and JCAHO requirements.
- Onboarding/Orientation: Develops, implements and evaluates orientation and onboarding processes that lead to successful integration of the employee in the organization and effective job performance.
- Develop and execute an evidence based education plan that will drive change and allow stakeholders to understand, embrace, and institutionalize the desired new mindsets and behaviors.
- Uses evidence-based patient safety methodology to support, develop, educate and implement initiatives across the health system.
- Assesses need for and plans and provides educational programs that are consistent with adult learning principles, are effective at meeting learning objectives and demonstrate learner competency.
- Assesses issues, trends, and data to identify practice gaps and educational opportunities within the organization. Plans, implements and evaluates educational programs according to the principles of adult learning to close the identified gap or opportunity.
- Acts as a change agent within all settings. Works with others to identify problems and solutions, develops goals for change processes, applies improvement processes to effect practice change, monitors effectiveness and progress throughout practice change, and assists to sustain change.
- Ensures the standardization in developing, implementing, and enforcement of all policies and procedures, including patient rights in an ambulatory clinical setting.
- Educates technical and patient care staff in the use of new equipment, supplies, and instruments; coordinates in-service training and workshops for appropriate staff.
- Take responsibility for ensuring that the standard work is adopted and cascaded throughout all areas within clinical areas as appropriate.
- Capability Ability to understand and analyze complex issues, drawing on the breadth of data that needs to inform system wide deliberations and decision-making, and the wisdom to ensure that it is used ethically to balance competing priorities and make difficult decisions.
- Ensuring the development, implementation, and enforcement of all policies and procedures, including patient rights in an ambulatory clinical setting.
- Collaborates with appropriate departments and other professionals in developing integrated systems that support ambulatory clinical care.
- Actively participates in and/or effectively leads various committees and workgroups as needed and assigned to improve nursing practice, organizational performance and optimal patient and population outcomes.
- Actively participates in planning and designing policies and procedures in collaboration with appropriate staff members.
- Assist or Teaches informatics classes for orientation and implementation of new applications as needed.
- Serves as super-user for electronic applications appropriate to clinic division.
- Clinical Guidance: Engages with staff to provide point in time guidance and/or applicable resources to support safe patient care.
- Builds relationships with educational institutions and clinical practices to coordinate and mentor clinical leaders to develop quality student placement activities for RNs, LVN and CMA/MA, and Technicians.
- Participates in on site regulatory surveys and development of Corrective Action Plans as needed.
- Demonstrates a willingness to look at new ideas and work in a changing environment.
- Demonstrates the ability to utilize a variety of teaching/learning methodologies.
- Take responsibility to comply with applicable laws and regulations.
- Conducts and presents self in professional manner.
- Complies with departmental plan to meet budget goals.
- Develops and implements a plan to maintain own clinical competency.
- Other duties as assigned.