If you are interested please apply online and send your resume to NOrozco@mlkch.org POSITION SUMMARY
Reporting to the Director, Ambulatory Services of the Martin Luther King, Jr. Los Angeles (MLK-LA) Healthcare Corporation, the Ambulatory Clinical Supervisor is responsible for successfully managing day to day operations of MLKCH outpatient clinic(s) and ambulatory services involving one or more specialty disciplines and/or clinic sites. During one 8 hour shift, provides first-line operational supervision for assigned functional area of responsibility (e.g., MOB primary or specialty care department, urgent care, day/evening/night shift in emergency medicine department). Ensures that healthcare staff delivering ambulatory care/patient services provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care and patient - focused services to members that comply with Martin Luther King Jr. Community Hospital standards as well as with local, state and federal requirements. Within assigned area: implements, supervises/monitors and maintains clinical practice and quality management standards, and staff competencies/development. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
POSITION REQUIREMENTSA. Education
- In assigned area/function, supervises the operations and delivery of patient care services.
- Ensures staff provide highest quality of care which complies with the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, federal/state/local requirements.
- Establishes and maintains effective, collaborative relationships with physicians and other departments.
- Collaborates with nursing and other departments to resolve patient care issues, meet access demands, provide convenient hours of operation, improve the cost structure and develop consistent policies and procedures.
- Supervises and maintains patient care and quality service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Acts as patient advocate resolving patient care issues.
- Recommends and evaluates processes to improve systems and patient care results across the continuum of care.
- Monitoring budgets and resource allocations and financial performance and identifies and recommends strategies to reduce costs and improve quality of care/service.
- Supervises use and maintenance of equipment, supplies and medications.
- Assists site Administrator in developing and maintaining the competency of all department staff.
- Supervises and monitors the implementation of departmental polices and procedures which support the goals and business objectives of the department and organization.
- Collaborates with physicians, Medical Director, Site Administrator, Direct of Ambulatory Services, in developing the appropriate level of patient services and the day-to-day operations of the department.
- Measuring and improving internal and external customer satisfaction.
- Assists in managing and resolving human resource, labor relations, employee and department safety, and risk management issues.
- Procure supplies and other materials needed for the medical group site at competitive prices and with reputable vendors.
- Participate in development and implementation of long-range plans.
- Assist in resolution of administrative and operational issues including the maintenance of clinic property, computer systems and installed software applications.
- Participate in management or leadership meetings as directed or requested.
- Ensure compliance with regulations and standards.
- Serve as a liaison between site and external agencies.
- Assists leadership develop clinic strategic plans and objectives based upon identified needs of patients.
- Maintain the strictest confidentiality.
- Responsible for the selection, hiring, orienting, training and supervision of all medical group staff (non-provider staff).
- Evaluate employee performance and recommend merit increases, promotions and disciplinary actions.
- Resolves problems in administrative and clinical areas
- Organize and conduct regular staff meetings including setting the meeting agendas.
- Ensure that staff is trained and operates in compliance with all government and other regulatory agencies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from a four-year college and/or a professional certification requiring formal education beyond a two-year college.
- Current California RN license.
- Current Basic Life Support for Providers, by American Heart Association (AHA)
- Advanced Life Support certification (ACLS), by American Heart Association (AHA)
C. Special Skills/Knowledge
- Registered Nurse with at least 2yrs of clinical experience in a hospital, clinic, home care, nursing home setting or health facility within the last 5yrs.
- Minimum 2 years of supervisory or management experience in a health care setting
- Current State license valid driver's license (local travel required up to 5% of the time).
- Has excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and ability to work independently.
- Ability to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Computer literate with proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Suite, electronic medical records and ability to learn new applications easily.
- Demonstrates ability to supervise and direct administrative personnel.
- Bi-lingual in Spanish and English required.
Equal Rights Employer
- Must be able to relate well to patients, clinicians, employees, and other professionals. Must be able to handle confidential issues with discretion.
- Must be able to understand the goals of the practice and work to obtain these goals independently as well as in collaboration with clinician partners.
- Must have working knowledge of managed care and other current health insurance arrangements.
Applicants are considered for positions without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, military service, or any other status protected by federal, state, or local laws. This application is intended for use in evaluating your application for employment. Please click the link below to view the E-verify or Right to Work information.