RN FIELD CASE MANANGER
Common Spirit Health
Santa Maria, CA
The Home Health Skilled Nurse will work together with a multi-disciplinary team to provide care, identify care needs, goals and outcomes, and increase independence for our patients and their families. Home Skilled Nurses specialize in providing care in a home setting for patients with a variety of care needs and acuities by examining and evaluating the patient to develop and execute a plan of care in collaboration with the physician.
Home health Skilled Nurses will have the ability to work autonomously and participate in care coordination with the treatment team, physicians, and referral sources. The Skilled Nurse will work with patients, their families and the care team to achieve recovery and to re-engage the patient with their community.
Dignity Health Home Health Services, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, is a dedicated team of home care and hospice professionals serving the people of San Luis Obispo County to Northern Santa Barbara County. We are a Medicare-certified, state-licensed agency that earned deemed-status accreditation by the Joint Commission.
Our Home Health care involves a team-oriented approach to expert medical care, symptom and pain management, and emotional and spiritual support expressly tailored to the patient’s needs. Our primary goal is to fulfill our patient’s wishes and to support their families and caregivers. We are seeking experienced Nurses to join our team. Come join our team, grow your skills, and be part of an integrated continuum of care for patients and families.
The environment changes daily from home to home and comes with a high degree of autonomy and flexibility. Our clinical teams thrive in this environment and genuinely enjoy getting to know the people in their towns.
We care about our employees' well-being and offer benefits that complement work/life balance.
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible spending accounts
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and/or dependent adults
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Demonstrates ability to work within a decentralized model of patient-care delivery.
- Demonstrates proficient intermediate nursing skills and specialty skills.
- Demonstrates a caring, compassionate attitude toward others.
- Demonstrates ability to delegate appropriate patient-care tasks, duties, etc. to others.
- Ability and willingness to actively participate in agency task forces and committees.
- Demonstrates ability to organize and prioritize work efficiently.
- Demonstrates clear, effective written and oral English skills, and objective, active listening skills.
- Reacts calmly and efficiently in emergencies.
- Acts as a role model for new orientees/students.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work with others across all agency departments.
- Ability to achieve results for the organization with and through people, utilizing creative and innovative solutions and conflict management problem-solving skills.
- California Registered Nurse license.
- Current CPR certification and current California driver’s license with proof of liability insurance for automobile.
- At least one year as an RN in acute care setting or specialty area. Home health experience preferred.