RN Patient Care Supervisor
Desire Home Care
Our associates are at the core of our mission to provide patients and consumers the care that they need and desire. They are dependable, excellent, sympathetic, irreproachable, compassionate and endearing. Their job satisfaction is the key to our success as a company, and because of that that we strive to provide an environment that fosters our core value and reward excellence.
The ideal candidate will find opportunities to grow their career and themselves with the interactions with patients and the other care coordination associates, meeting the challenge of helping patients get the care they need and desire, in the comfort of their home.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of five (5) years of experience as a professional nurse with two (2) years of administrative/supervisory experience.
- Minimum of two (2) years of Home Health care experience.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in California.
- $10,000 Sign-on Bonus
- We offer a family-oriented working environment
- Medical, Dental and Vision and life insurance
- 2 weeks Paid Vacation and Earned Sick Pay
- 401K, with a 6% Match
DUTIES, RESPONSIBILITIES, And ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Responsibilities include but are not limited to assisting with the following:
Responsible and accountable for the day to day operations of the agency to ensure patients get the quality care that they desire by implementing and managing clinical operations efficiently and ensuring quality healthcare outcomes. This position requires regular on-call.
- Provides input and plans in the overall development and administration of the agency as set forth in the policies and procedures.
- Directs implementation of approved work methods, patient care models and procedures that reflect elements essential to rendering high-quality care.
- Participates in the review, analysis, and appraisal of the effectiveness of the total Home Health program.
- Reviews and evaluates existing policies and practices to determine if current methods provide the means for the staff to carry out their responsibilities and achieve projected goals. Communicates any changes to management.
- Participates in all activities relevant to the professional services furnished, including the development of qualifications and the assignment of personnel.
- Responsible for supervising, orientation and competency evaluation of all department staff. Provides mentoring through education, general meetings, timely evaluations, in-service training and management of productivity expectations. Responsible for interviewing and hiring all team members.
- Ensures the agency and all programs comply with state, local and federal regulatory requirements. Maintains the agency in a state of survey readiness at all times.
- Provides clinical oversight for all home health patients including referrals, initial certification, admissions, evaluations of eligibility and utilization of visits, re-certifications, face to face encounters, discharges, adverse events, etc.
- Coordinates case conferences oversight with each discipline reporting to ensure quality care for patients.
- Ensures an effective quality assurance program is established and maintained, including the oversight of all required agency manuals.
- Assists with and participates in quality improvement programs as required including chart audits and oversight of adverse events.
- Assists with processing appeals and denials as requested.
- Enforces the home health model by following workflow processes as established and holding team members accountable for task assignments.
- Reviews key benchmark reports with team members, sets clear expectations on performance, provides training/resources to achieve expectations and holds firm accountability.
- Responsible for the facilitation of effective and compliant team meetings according to state and federal regulations.
- Provides a lead role regarding oversight and approval of effective workflow in the Electronic Medical Records application.
- Ensures that all team member documentation is compliant, comprehensive and clearly reflects ongoing eligibility as well as an effective patient family-centered plan of care.
- Maintains effective and efficient ongoing communication with management, reporting all operational aspects of the agency related to patient care, financial operations, physician relations, community relations or other areas impacting the Home Health Agency performance.
- Maintains positive relationships and rapport with associates, payers, patients, and the greater community.
- Networks with professional resources and community partners to facilitate positive integration.
- Promotes customer service orientation to all home health personnel.
- Under the direction of management, participates with network plans, strategic growth plans, marketing activities, community functions, and public health education events.
- May be required to provide direct patient care, on-call and/or manage a caseload as well as complete intake.