Indigo Manor Nursing and Rehab -
RN Needed 7a-3p or 11p-7a
Competitive Wages + PM/NOC Shift Differential! Great Benefits!
Are you looking for a warm and cozy environment to call your next work home!? Do you want stability and longevity in your career? Are you dedicated to resident care and looking for competitive compensation?! If YES…Indigo Manor Nursing and Rehab is looking for YOU! Located in Daytona Beach.
Indigo Manor Nursing and Rehab is a skilled nursing home facility that takes pride in providing our residents with an amazing experience. We have an incredibly tight-knit family of caregivers that serves our residents everyday with compassion, care and a positive attitude! We value our caregivers and work hard to show our appreciation because we recognize they are the foundation of our organization. We would love for you to join that family!
Generous wages plus shift differentials for 2nd and 3rd shift! Our shifts run 7am-3pm, 3pm-11pm, 11pm-7am. We have both part time and full time positions available.
As an RN at Indigo Manor Nursing and Rehab, you will ensure that our patients get the care they need and that we have the necessary resources to provide it. Your hard work and meaningful efforts will help us to continue providing the highest quality healthcare possible. Your outcome-focused work will leave you feeling empowered at the end of each day because you'll know you've made a difference in the lives of our patients. We are seeking qualified candidates who have experience in this field and are ready to go to any length to get our patients and facilities the support they need. That's because you believe in our mission here at Indigo Manor Nursing and Rehab.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Takes an active role in direct resident assessment and care.
- Supervises and coordinates nursing personnel in providing direct resident care in adherence to state, federal and corporate guidelines.
- Formulates individualized nursing care plans utilizing the nursing process.
- Assesses each resident shift and implements a change in the course of care as needed.
- Assists the physician on rounds and ensures that pertinent information is communicated to and from him/her and orders are taken correctly.
- Participates in the training and supervision of nursing personnel.
- Utilizes effectively the general principles of leadership and supervision.
- Manages conflict through effective problem-solving and communication skills.
- Acts calmly and efficiently in handling emergency situations.
- Prepares daily assignment of duties, treatments, and miscellaneous tasks.
- Assumes responsibility for the identification of potential safety hazards and for the identification of noncompliance with corporate guidelines as set forth in the policy and procedure manual.
- Maintains accurate resident care records and documents pertinent data reflecting the use of the nursing process.
- Attends and participates productively in the resident care meetings, staff meeting and in-services.
- Takes and active role in teaching (formal or informal presentation) with residents, families and staff.
- Dispenses medication and performs treatments, as per physician’s order, and in accordance with policies, procedures, and licensure standard of practice.
- Assures that each resident’s attending physician and family or responsible party are promptly notified of any significant change in the resident’s health condition.
- Ensures that residents and families receive the highest quality of service in a caring and compassionate atmosphere which recognizes the individuals’ needs and rights.
- Performs additional duties as requested.
- The Registered Nurse interacts with customers, families, visitors, facility, and corporate personnel.
- Carries out other tasks as requested in situations where hands-on intervention/participation may be required.
- May be required to work rotating shifts, holidays weekends, to work in different units and positions, and to work overtime as facility needs require.
- Must practice good personal hygiene and follow required dress code.
- Must provide annual verification of a negative TB skin test.
- This position requires a current valid Registered Nurse license issues in the state where the person will practice, and the candidate must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing.
- Up-to-date physical assessment skills and comprehensive knowledge of nursing principles are required.
- Recent experience in geriatric or rehabilitative nursing and experience in supervisory capacity are preferred.
- Ability to read, write, speak, and understand English including the ability to make oral presentations to individuals and groups.
- Ability to relate positively, effectively and appropriately with patients, families, community members, volunteers and other hospital staff on a daily basis. Possess special interest in, and a positive attitude about, working with long-term care patients and the elderly.