RN, Registered Nurse - Ambulatory Clinical Educator
The primary purpose of the position is to provide clinic-based staff education, training and development to support the competencies and learning needs of the Advanced Practice Providers, Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses, and Medical Assistants in the CHRISTUS Clinics. Fosters empowerment through knowledge to achieve excellence through the delivery of evidence-based nursing practice. This occurs through the facilitation of the educational process through assessment, development, planning, implementation and evaluation of competency assessment, continuing education, and leadership development. The Clinic Based Staff Educator is to communicate with leadership to support identified clinical staff needs.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required; Masters of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred
- Knowledge of Joint Commission Standards
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office products: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Previous experience in electronic medical record documentation or EPIC utilization
- Proficiency in EPIC and Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) by end of 12 months
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong in both oral and written communication
- Demonstrated teambuilding skills
- 2 years nursing experience with 2 years nursing supervisor or nursing educator experience required
- 4 or more years nursing experience with 2 years nursing supervisor or nursing educator and clinic experience preferred
- Basic office equipment and nursing equipment
- Proficiency in nursing equipment used in the clinic setting
- Active RN License
- Current BLS through American Heart Association
About the Company
In 1999, two historic Catholic charities became one, forming CHRISTUS Health and creating a unique purpose in the modern health care market - to take better care of people.
To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, the mission that the Sisters of Charity Health Care system and Incarnate Word Health system shared for more than a century, is now also the mission of CHRISTUS Health.
Ranked among the top 10 Catholic health systems in the United States by size, the CHRISTUS Health system includes more than 40 hospitals and facilities in seven U.S. states, Chile and six states in Mexico, with assets of more than $4.6 billion.
Whether seeking care in Alexandria Louisiana, or Coahuila, Mexico, patients discover that the healing spirit is alive at CHRISTUS Health.