UFP Industries, Inc.
Machine Operator III is responsible for the set up and operation of complicated production machinery in accordance with established procedures and guidelines. Ensures final product meets customer expectations. Works under general supervision; relies on experience and general instructions to perform the functions of the job.
Examples: CNC Router, Moulder, Planer
• Secures and maintains material and supplies required on the operation according to production sheets.
• Completes work area set up.
• Operates and feeds the machine in a safe and efficient manner, and according to established procedures.
• Continually watches the machine to ensure quality.
• Stacks completed products in accordance with established procedures, and if required, may cover, label and band components/finished product.
• May operate hand tools to complete the production process.
• Ensures work area is safe, clean and organized, and that equipment is safe to operate.
• Completes pre-shift/startup equipment inspection checklist and reports any problems or concerns.
• Maintains a clean and orderly work environment.
• Maintains production records as required.
• Checks materials and finished products to ensure compliance with standards.
• Performs duties consistent with established safety and quality procedures, rules, and standards.
• May perform preventive maintenance as specified.
• Participates in safety, CI and other programs and meetings.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled