Rooms Manager - Historic Hotel
Marvin Love and Associates
Currently Searching for Candidates that are presently a Front office manager with good career track record and excellent/Savvy in Technology. Could come from a larger property as Marriott, Omni or Hilton. Will be involved in the Renovation of the Rooms, Front Office and will manage including Housekeeping, Front Desk, night audit, with a staff of 45+
Title: Rooms Manager
Compensation: $75k - $85k, bonus, relocation, and Temp housing.
The property has over 140+Rooms, 12k sq.ft of Event space and multiple outdoor space for Weddings and Events. It is presently being fully renovated with $25M in all areas. The property is over 90 years old and is Historic.
It has 2 Restaurants, both are being full renovated. A Grille that serves B/L/D with 100 Seats, and a Pub/Ale House with 80 Seats, for Lunch and Dinner and more Casual menus with Pub fair items.
Located in the Mountains of North Carolina, affordable area to live and about an hour from Asheville NC.
- Manage budgets/expenses, analyze and interpret financial information and monitor sales and profits
- Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model
- Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
- Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
- Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, event/conference planners etc.
- Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
- Proven experience as Hotel Manager or relevant role
- Fluency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
- Understanding of all hotel management best practices and relevant laws and guidelines
- Working knowledge of MS Office; knowledge of hotel management software (PMS) is an advantage
- Excellent customer service skills as well as a business mindset
- Demonstrable aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Reliable with an ability to multi-task and work well under pressure
- Outstanding leadership skills and a great attention to detail
- Degree in Business Administration, Hotel/Hospitality Management or relevant field
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k, IRA)
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Family Leave (Maternity, Paternity)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Training & Development
- Free Food & Snacks
- Wellness Resources