We are currently seeking a Commercial Driver at our Stockton location. The Driver is responsible for the safe and efficient distribution of gases and hard goods to and from all job sites.
Essential Job Functions:
- Ensure all deliveries are routed in an efficient order
- Verify cylinders on shippers against cylinders loaded on the truck
- Check manifest for correctness against shippers and what is on the truck
- Verify that truck has correct placards for gases loaded.
- Make sure the truck is not over weight and that products have been loaded onto the truck safely and are secured
- Perform and Document pre/post vehicle Inspection
- Make sure the inside of the truck stays clean
- Communicate with distribution manager regarding any problems or concerns
- Follow all DOT and state driver rules and regulations
- Record all information on shippers correctly for cylinders shipped and returned
- Assure that all lot numbers and information required for deliveries to customers is recorded correctly and legibly
- Upon return to the yard, check with Dispatcher to help with any same day deliveries that need to be done
- Fill out log book when required at the end of the day
- Address any customer service complaints with Distribution Manager
- Always be well groomed and wear a clean uniform as well as all appropriate PPE as required
- Ability to operate a forklift
- Follows all safety policies and procedures including use of safety equipment (PPE) and equipment safeguards.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Requires current Class A Commercial License with Hazmat Endorsement and valid Medical certificate
- 2+ Years Previous Commercial Driving Experience
- DOT random drug and alcohol testing will be required in the hiring process and throughout employment
- Must be able to read and write in English
- Ability to lift, push, pull 50+ lbs
- Strong communication skills
- Current valid forklift license
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- This requires the person to be standing and/or sitting for long periods of time.
- This person must be able to lift, carry or set down 50+ pounds.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.