Major responsibility is to assist with the daily activities of the School-Age Child Care Program (SACC).
This position is temporarily FT schedule M-F 9:00am - 5:00pm or 7:30am - 3:30pm. The position will resume a PT schedule upon the decreased need of remote learning support.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist with the development and delivery of a range of developmentally appropriate programs and activities for 6-12 year-olds. Programming can include, but is not limited to, academic enrichment activities, homework assistance, and athletic and recreational activities. Assess individual children''s needs and provide tutoring, assistance when necessary.
- Serve as a responsible and reliable role model for children participating in the program.
- Supervise and discipline program participants within the program area and throughout the clubhouse. Share concerns and challenges with SACC Director.
- Assist with ensuring afternoon snack is served to participants.
- Assist with maintenance of materials, equipment and other resources belonging to the program area(s). Maintain a safe and clean program area.
- Participate in individual and group supervision sessions; participate in professional development opportunities as appropriate.
- Travel between sites and to activities as needed.
- Other related duties as specified by the SACC Director.
Position Requirements (Education, Experience, Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, Work Demand
- Must be 18+ years of age.
- High School degree or GED required. Bachelor''s or Associate''s degree can replace some of the qualifications needed.
- Minimum six months of related work experience.
- If age 21+, valid driver''s license required and 7D license required or obtained within six months of hire.
- Minimum of five hours of EEC approved training, including a minimum of three months of in-service trainings. Training hours may be completed within first six months of hire.
- Must be or become CPR / FA certified.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills required.
- MS Office and web competency preferred.
- Ability to work with youth and families from a variety of backgrounds.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Flexibility to work clubhouse hours especially as seasons and service needs change.
** Please note that you have navigated away from our careers page, to continue to review current opportunities please close this tab. **