Qualified candidate must be able to multi-task, be a self-starter, and be self-reliant at times. This position is responsible for taking customer/supplier calls, tracking, order processing, reporting sales information, billing, collections, documentation, distributing, inventory control, A/P and A/R procedure, and other administrative tasks related to the international trading business of Steel.
- Operates office equipment such as calculators, scanner, printer and duplicating machines, and other common equipment in offices.
- Opens and routes incoming mail, answers correspondences, prepares outgoing mail, and answers the telephone in a professional and courteous manner
- Enters data related to Buying (importing, domestic), Selling (domestically, exports), transporting, and other related data for our business
- Check documents for customers and suppliers
- Creates sales related documents such as Invoice, Packing List, Sales Confirmation, PO, and other necessary documents)
- Follows up with suppliers and customers to get/release Import/Export documents
- Processes payments to Vendors and other related companies
- Follows up with customer's accounting divisions for payments and due dates booking and checking transportation for
- Check inventory in storages and data of our company to be accurate and matching.If a discrepancy is found, the reason must be researched and corrective action taken.
- Check bank and trade references with customers and suppliers
- Follows up with internal/external audit matters
- New graduates are also welcome to apply
- Trading Admin or Trading related work experience is a plus
- Inventory management experience is a plus
- Fluent / Business level in English
- Japanese language/culture understanding skill is a plus
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Logistics experience is a plus (import/export)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Word and Excel
- ERP system experience is a plus (We are using GP)
- Travel: 0-10% (possibly once a year)
- Legally authorized to work in the United States