Sales Engineer for broadband products
This person is a customer-focused technical professional who provides high-level sales support and guidance to customers and collaborates with Sales Executives and partners to recommend and develop appropriate hardware/software solution offerings. The SE (Sales Engineer) acts in a consultative fashion and is looked to as an expert in his/her field by the account team and customers. The SE is one of the key technical points of contact for the sales organization. The ideal candidate will have a strong technical background, experience with broadband access equipment, and a strong business sense as well as the ability to clearly communicate and present to clients.
- This is a consultative pre/post-sales role where you will be working with the sales teams to present and demonstrate advanced product features and benefits and future product direction to customers.
- Conduct detailed customer requirements, discovery, and analysis.
- Refine and research technical requirements of the opportunity.
- Propose and design technical solutions.
- Act as an interface between the Sales organization and technical staff for product management and development.
- Deliver web-based training sessions to clients.
- Promote new and innovative approaches to addressing business challenges and problems.
- Maintain a broad level of knowledge of industry trends and how Comtrend products add value.
- Set and manage expectations with senior stakeholders and team members.
- Respond to technical, security, and functionality-related RFP questions.
- Perform other duties and projects as assigned.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent major with strong academic performance or equivalent industry experience
- Experience in a B2B environment in a Sales Engineer role that includes selling broadband access solutions.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to present to a variety of external audiences, including being able to interact with senior executives.
- Exceptional written communication. This role requires an ability to understand and articulate both the business benefits (value proposition) and technical advantages of Comtrend's products and solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to make and take responsibility for decisions on major technical issues.
- Strong knowledge of TCP/IP, Router and Switch engineering, Wireless/Wireline technologies.
- Experience with the following technologies is a plus: xDSL, G.hn, Wi-Fi(IEEE 802.11), Telecommunication, Optical Fiber technologies, 5G Cellular, Millimeter Wave Wireless.
- Technical knowledge of pertinent protocols and IETF, IEEE, ITU-T.
- Excellent negotiation and problem-solving skills.
- Experience managing complex projects.
- Must have the ability to take charge of projects and drive results.
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to prioritize and execute in a methodical and disciplined manner.
- Resilience and ability to handle stressful situations effectively while managing several tasks.
- Competence with testing, flowcharts, and data mapping tools and procedures.
- Must be flexible and willing to undertake a wide variety of challenging tasks.
- Ability to provide constructive criticism while maintaining a positive relationship with other team members.
- Must be a team player and self-motivated.
- S. and Global traveling are required and may be up to 25% for this position.
Compensation and Benefits:
- Comtrend offers a competitive wage and comprehensive benefits packages including paid time off, 401k matching as well as medical and dental plans.