The Field Operations Excellence Programs team is looking for a Project Manager to improve strategic transaction process improvement programs across the WW Field Operations Organization. The scope of your work will involve partnering with multiple global partners to design, implement, communicate, measure, and iterate on key global processes and productivity related programs.
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, we deliver a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better outcomes.
You will report to our Manager of Operations Excellence Programs located in our Bellevue, WA office.
- Drive process automation, improvement, and standardization with the goal of creating an excellent customer experience throughout the transaction process. Analyze data to prioritize efforts & measure progress on improving operational efficiency.
- Manage projects from the discovery phase through implementation while maintaining high-quality deliverables
- Work cross functionally with product management, marketing, pricing strategy, finance, legal, operations, sales readiness/enablement and other teams to establish a unified launch plan for new products and SKU/pricing updates to the field by providing insight into the operational elements of bringing a product to market
- Ensure pricing is updated to reflect current products and list prices across price books and currencies. Manage the lifecycle of each product ensuring the stages are well communicated & thoughtfully executed.
- Work with supporting teams to document requirements, assess and manage risks, anticipate and resolve bottlenecks/blockers, and manage escalations. Balance the business needs with manual operational impact and technical constraints, assessing and making trade-offs.
- Promote global standardization across processes, assessing different regional needs and making exceptions for the individual markets
- 4+ years of relevant professional experience in product management, operations, or relevant experience
- 3+ years of experience executing organizational change projects
- Experience working with quoting tools such as CPQ
- Experience working with CRM systems such as Salesforce; experience as a Salesforce Administrator (certification preferred, but not required)
- Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies including Lean, Six Sigma, or PMP Certifications and interest in becoming certified in the aforementioned methodologies
- Passion for understanding process pain points and a genuine desire to help our organization address these challenges through systems and process improvements
- Bachelor's degree
Perks & Benefits:
- 100% employer-paid medical, dental, and vision coverage for full-time employees
- Equity - Restricted Stock Units (RSUs) Equity with all offers
- Lucrative Employee Stock Purchase Program (15% discount)
- 401k Match to help you save for your future (50% of your contribution up to the first 6% of your eligible pay)
- Monthly stipend to support your work and productivity
- 15 days PTO to start, plus Flexible Sick Leave
- Teleworking options from any registered location in the U.S. (role specific)
- Up to 24 weeks of Parental Leave
- Personal paid Volunteer Day to support our community
- Opportunities for professional growth and development including access to Audible for Business and LinkedIn Learning online courses
- Company Funded Perks, including a counseling membership, primary care membership, local retail discounts, and your own personal Smartsheet account
Equal Opportunity Employer:
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering an inclusive environment with the best employees. We provide employment opportunities without regard to any legally protected status in accordance with applicable laws in the US, UK, and Australia. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
At Smartsheet, we strive to build an inclusive environment that encourages, supports, and celebrates the diverse voices of our team members who also represent the diverse needs of our customers. We're looking for people who are driven, authentic, supportive, effective, and honest. You're encouraged to apply even if your experience doesn't precisely match our job description—if your career path has been nontraditional, that will set you apart. At Smartsheet, we welcome diverse perspectives and people who aren't afraid to be innovative—join us!