Sales Professional- Vacation Relief
San Rafael, CA
Job DescriptionHave you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 33 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (BBU) employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
The Sales Professional-Vacation Relief represents BBU in the market, selling and delivering fresh baked products to retail customers, restaurants, and institutions. Through world class market execution, the Sales Professional Vacation Relief primary focus is to maximize sales to customers through strong customer relationships, good business practices that drive profitable sales growth, and provide incidental sales-related service that exceeds the customer’s expectations.
Key Job Responsibilities (including duties incidental to primary sales duties):
• Analyze sales data to help drive effective decisions in the market as well as drive brand growth with customers through increased sales and the acquisition of new space and displays.
• Establish and maintain effective customer relationships to initiate and maximize sales in retail, restaurant, and institutional customers, ensure client retention by exceeding expectations with new and current customers.
• Drive in store excellence by selling displays to drive incremental sales, ensuring racks are set in accordance with customer guidelines, and the seamless execution of promotions.
• Investigate, create and follow through on all growth opportunities including soliciting new customers to grow market share on strategic brands by selling and supporting incremental displays and the generation of new leads to solicit new business within the route territory.
• Execution of world class merchandising and proper rotation of all products to ensure the best quality and freshness of our products.
• Introduces new products and services to maximize sales and shelf space within existing accounts and when soliciting new customers.
• Responsible for taking and maintaining proper inventory counts and placing product orders using a hand held device as well as servicing customers in accordance with customers’ established service frequency patterns.
• Utilize the order management tools (order management program, promotional and holiday planning information) while making independent ordering decisions to ensure optimal orders are being placed for each customer to ensure adequate and fresh products are being sold and delivered.
• Conduct daily route settlement procedures to account for all products, invoices, and cash.
• Drives company route truck safely; safely loads and unloads the truck.
- Correctly completes DOT logs and submits other documentation, paperwork and deposits on time.
- Lives and promotes the company’s safety beliefs and principles, ensuring safe work practices are being followed by all and working to eliminate unsafe conditions to drive the achievement of the safety goal of zero incidents.
• Lives and promotes the Beliefs of the Company, including respect for people, continuous improvement, exceeding customer and consumer expectations as well as working to meet the company’s strategic and financial goals.
• Other duties as assigned.
• The foregoing list of duties is intended to generally illustrate the types of duties a Sales Professional- Vacation Relief may perform. The actual duties performed by each Sales Professional Vacation Relief, and the amount of time spent on each duty, varies from day to day and from route to route. Duties and the time devoted to varying duties further vary depending on, among other things, the Sales Professional Vacation Relief customers, experience, skills, manager(s), and personal preferences/motivation.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
• Strong sales abilities and eagerness to learn more skills in training.
• Ability to be adaptive and open to change.
• Ability to work independently, analyze a situation accurately, make decisions independently, and take effective action.
• Ability to organize and coordinate work.
• Ability to manage effective work and customer relations.
• Ability to exchange complex information effectively to reach agreement.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.