8 days ago
San Juan, PR
Working Location: PR, SAN JUAN
Are you looking for a company that cares about people's lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
Let's inspire healthier lives, together.
The Sales Representative maximizes sales profits and increases the division s market sharewithin a designated territory. They maintain resonsibility for product sales andservice general management and business record keeping of adesignated territory as well as to keep current in the knowledge ofthe healthcare industry to reach sales goals while complying withOlympus Policies and Procedures.
* Creates sales within a defined customer base by:
-Promoting divisionproductsand services.
-Maintaining a level of performance in aspecified territory which meets or exceeds the sales objectives established by the company.
-Establishing and maintaining relationships with physicians nurses hospital management and other areas of surgical services.
* Provides necessary and appropriate after saleservice to customer base including:
-Training on use and operation of equipment.
* Provides input to Regional Sales Manager Marketing Department and others asrequested by management.
* Develops and maintains territory customer database as well as competitive database.
* Attends trade shows as necessary to demonstrate Olympus equipment and meet with potential and current customers.
* Attends seminars and sales meetings in order to develop knowledge about divisions products and procedures for these products.
* Performs other related duties as assigned.
* Bachelors Degree in Business Sciences or a related field (or equivalent knowledge)
* The Following experience qualifications are required: Two (2) years of prior sales or marketing experience is required.
* Must be able to travel as required.
* A specialized knowledge of human anatomy physiology and related diseases of the body where Olympus products might be utilized is preferred.
* Prior sales or marketing experience with medical devices or within a hospital medical environment is highly preferred.
* Medical sales experience in a hospital with operating room or surgical familiarity a plus.
* Must possess basic computer skills (MS Office) and strong communication (verbal & written) interpersonal andorganizational skills.
* Must possess a high degree of initiative and creativity and the ability to meet deadlines and work with minimal supervision.
We realize work isn't just a job to you.
It's a big part of your life, but not the only part. That's why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks - so you can be ready for where life can take you.
Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people's lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
Olympus' Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus' Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-global.com.
Olympus...True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Posting Notes: || United States (US) || Puerto Rico (US-PR) || San Juan ||