Salesforce Sr. Technical Consultant
At Perficient you'll deliver mission-critical technology and business solutions to Fortune 500 companies and some of the most recognized brands on the planet. And you'll do it with cutting-edge technologies, thanks to our close partnerships with the world's biggest vendors. Our network of offices across North America, as well as locations in India and China, will give you the opportunity to spread your wings, too.
We're proud to be publicly recognized as a "Top Workplace" year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our entrepreneurial attitude and collaborative spirit that sets us apart and keeps our colleagues impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Perficient currently has a career opportunity for a Salesforce Developer in our Salesforce Practice.
The Salesforce Developer's primary role is to analyze, code, implement and test customized software applications built on Salesforce's Force.com platform. The candidate will be strong in the coding of custom developed Salesforce functionality using the Salesforce API, APEX, Visualforce, Lightning, and other tools that extend the product. Responsibilities include prompt and complete resolution to issues, aligning both business and technical considerations, and participation in the execution of test plans, ensuring quality solutions are delivered. You will work closely with technical analysts and architects to help identify and plan long-term roadmaps based on these platforms. You will be an expert in multiple pieces of these very diverse, flexible and powerful platforms. You will be able to effectively integrate the platforms with external systems through common integrations patterns using APIs, ETL tools and service bus technologies. Additionally, you will be expected to hold certifications or accreditations as applicable for the Salesforce features necessary to support our clients.
Software Engineer Responsibilities
- Development on the Salesforce platform using the Apex language, Lightning Components/Web Components, and Visualforce.
- Develop API integrations by calling other external systems from Apex or by building custom Apex REST APIs.
- Integrate various platforms using ETL tools like Salesforce Integration Cloud, leveraging Outbound Messages or utilizing Platform Events.
- Understand the importance of leveraging fully the out-of-the-box features of Salesforce so that custom solutions built on top of them can take advantage of updates to those platforms.
Software Engineer Traits
- You are excited by solving mission critical business objectives of our clients by extending the Salesforce platform through custom development.
- You enjoy working in emerging technology and being first to market with new solutions for our clients. Digital transformation is driving massive change, and you will be one of the forerunners in the field as we bring the technology to our clients.
- You are obsessed with excellence and quality from yourself and your team.
- You are an evangelist for best practices and current techniques for technical implementation of these platforms.
- You understand the importance of quality, deadline and budget adherence.
- You understand the importance of telling the story of the technical solution your team created through proper documentation and knowledge sharing.
- You enjoy working directly with clients, including occasional travel to client sites to consult or embed with remote teams.
- You understand the importance of a positive attitude, positive culture and work on a continuous basis to make Perficient a great place to work.
- You have the background and experience to be successful, such as a bachelor's degree in Computer Science or Engineering (or equivalent training/experience) and at least two years of hands-on professional experience developing Salesforce technical solutions in a professional capacity.
- You have excellent client facing communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You hold a minimum of both the Salesforce Certified Administrator and Platform Developer I certifications.
- You demonstrate proficiency with the Salesforce.com API, APEX, Lightning Components/Web Components, and Visualforce using development standards and best practices.
- You are familiar with at least few of the latest front end technologies like jQuery/jQuery Mobile, Bootstrap, Angular, Backbone, ExtJS, React, etc.
- You understand the development life cycle including functional & technical specification, documentation, QA processes, source control (Git / SVN / TFS), maintenance, continuous integration, unit testing and deployment.
- You have integration experience with XML, HTTP/HTTPS, Java, C++, and ASP environments and an understanding of XML, SQL, and enterprise application integration.
- You are a self-starter with strong teamwork and problem-solving skills.
- You are methodical and organized, comfortably engaging in multiple projects and balancing priorities.
- You have a passion for innovation, keeping up with trends and continuous education related to software engineering.
- You are talented at explaining complex topics clearly and concisely to colleagues and clients.
- You are able to learn new systems and skills quickly. These platforms are evolving quickly, and you will be among the first to learn and share new technologies.
- You have excellent client facing communication skills, both written and verbal.
- You have a positive attitude, a sense of humor, and a work hard/play hard mindset.
- Certified Vlocity Developer
- Experience in a professional consulting organization working with enterprise-level companies.
- Experience with Marketing Automation tools such as Salesforce Marketing Cloud.
- Knowledge of industry standard ETL tools such as Informatica, Cast Iron and Boomi and how to manage them.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) or Single Sign-On (SSO) architectures.
- Strong analytical skills with ability to learn local environment quickly.
Perficient full-time employees receive complete and competitive benefits. We offer a collaborative work environment, competitive compensation, generous work/life opportunities and an outstanding benefits package that includes paid time off plus holidays. In addition, all colleagues are eligible for a number of rewards and recognition programs including billable bonus opportunities. Encouraging a healthy work/life balance and providing our colleagues great benefits are just part of what makes Perficient a great place to work.
More About Perficient
Perficient is the leading digital transformation consulting firm serving Global 2000 and enterprise customers throughout North America. With unparalleled information technology, management consulting and creative capabilities, Perficient and its Perficient Digital agency deliver vision, execution and value with outstanding digital experience, business optimization and industry solutions.
Our work enables clients to improve productivity and competitiveness; grow and strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners; and reduce costs. Perficient's professionals serve clients from a network of offices across North America and offshore locations in India and China. Traded on the Nasdaq Global Select Market, Perficient is a member of the Russell 2000 index and the S&P SmallCap 600 index.
Perficient is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national, origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Disclaimer: The above statements are not intended to be a complete statement of job content, rather to act as a guide to the essential functions performed by the employee assigned to this classification. Management retains the discretion to add or change the duties of the position at any time. #LI-MR1
About the Company
Perficient is a leading information technology consulting firm serving Global 2000 and other enterprise customers throughout North America. We are experts in designing, building and delivering business-driven technology solutions. We help our clients gain competitive advantage by using Internet-based technologies to make their business more responsive to market opportunities and threats, strengthen relationships with customers, suppliers and partners, improve productivity and reduce information technology costs. We succeed by focusing on services and solutions that leverage best-of-breed technologies from our network of partners - companies like IBM, Microsoft, Oracle-Siebel, TIBCO, EMC Documentum and more.