We offer a generous benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx plan, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program (EAP), paid holidays, basic & voluntary life insurance, STD/LTD & employer paid contribution into PERS (Oregon Public Employees Retirement System). We support our employees’ continued education through our Tuition Reimbursement Program.
Department: Education Services
Days per school year: 190
Hours per week: 40
Start Date: 2021-22 School Year - August 23, 2021
Assignment Location: Multiple MESD Sites
REPORTS TO: Coordinator of Student Services
To evaluate referred students, participate in the evaluation planning activities, participate in team decision-making processes and provide psychological services.
NATURE & SCOPE:
This position is subject to Board policies, administrative rules and procedures, department regulations and applicable State and Federal statutes. This position carries no administrative authority or responsibility.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct individual standardized, curriculum-referenced or norm-referenced tests to evaluate intellectual, academic, behavioral, adaptive and/or social/emotional behaviors.
- Observe referred students in school or community environments.
- Conduct referral and follow-up activities.
- Participate in educational planning, eligibility and/or determination of placement meetings.
- Participate in the development of Individual Education Programs, as needed or requested.
- Conduct functional behavioral assessments, and participate in manifestation determination meetings and behavioral intervention development as needed or requested.
- Communicate and confer with Multnomah Education Service District/Local Education Agency/agency personnel, parents and students.
- Confer and consult with staff and the student to determine the student's current level of performance or developmental history.
- Keep records, write letters, answer correspondence and write reports.
- Participate in staff development activities and/or other meetings.
- Review, evaluate and recommend assessment instruments.
- Travel to schools or other educational-based sites.
- Maintain and submit records to Supervisor on Program operations as requested.
- Perform other related duties delegated by the Coordinator/Supervisor of Department of Instruction.
- Adhere to policies of the District and procedures of the Department and/or Section.
OTHER JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Conduct parent conferences.
- Act as a resource person.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Valid driver's license and vehicle available for on-the-job use.
- Effective communication with parents, students, and within team decision-making activities.
- Emotional and physical stamina to perform duties as required by the designated task, except for temporary disability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Valid Oregon Personnel Services License with School Psychologist Endorsement.
- Experience in team decision-making.
- Experience within school settings, preferred.