Yoh is a seeking a Scientist II, Downstream to support an Emeryville Area based company. You will have the opportunity to work within the Manufacturing, Sciences and Technology (MS&T) team to develop robust recombinant protein downstream processes in support of developing and optimizing production processes including process parameter optimization, process characterization, scale-up/tech transfer for large scale product production and support successful implementation of production processes at commercial scale.
Title: Scientist II, Downstream
Location: Emeryville, CA
Compensation: Competitive, based on experience plus benefits and bonus potential
Primary responsibilities for role:
- Lead/assist in the efforts for Developing and Optimizing Downstream Processes including Process Parameter Optimization, Process Characterization and Scale-Up/Tech Transfer for Large Scale Product Production.
- Perform Protein Purification techniques (Chromatography, Affinity, Ion-Exchange, Hydrophobic, Mixed Mode, Experience working with AKTA, Unicorn, Clarification/Filtration, and Ultrafiltration/Diafiltration) is required.
- Execute protocols ranging from Resin Screening, Chromatography, Filter Sizing and TFF Optimization.
- Design and Write Up studies to characterize Downstream Process parameters
Required Experience and Education:
- Educational degrees must be relevant to position (e.g., Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, or Toxicology): PhD +7 years, MS +10 years or BS +12 years’ experience in product development, manufacturing science and technology, process engineering within the pharmaceutical industry required. Title to be adjusted based applicant experience/education.
- Knowledge and technical expertise in protein purification of recombinant proteins and monoclonal antibodies.
- Demonstrated ability to develop new techniques, solve complex problems, author technical protocols and reports; and evaluate and implement new instrumentation or process techniques.
- Working knowledge of AKTA Avant, Pilot, and/or Ready systems and associated software, AKTA Unicorn and Assist software.
- Working knowledge and ability to program Unicorn and Assist Plate Reader software or an equivalent.
- Knowledge of process scale-up and scale-down methodologies, including process characterization and design of experiments
- Experience in process technology transfer within and between organizations, manufacturing support and troubleshooting
- Proficient with the use of MS Office software (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint) and application software including Unicorn, JMP, Minitab, Design Expert, etc.
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit https://www.yoh.com/applicants-with-disabilities to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.