Spend your summer building happier people by teaching critical life skills, and build your own skills in teaching and life.
If you're passionate about helping others grow, and about growing your own skills in a community of caring and collaborative professionals, Tumbleweed Day Camp has the job for you! We'll provide the training and tools to hone your skills in teaching, youth development, leadership, problem-solving, communication, and much more. If you care about our mission of building happier people and want to share your knowledge with the leaders of tomorrow, Tumbleweed is the right place.
What You'll Do Every Day at Camp
- Build happiness in campers from PreK through 8th grade by teaching friendship, curiosity, gratitude, grit and optimism.
- Create a welcoming, safe environment where kids can connect with their community, feel autonomy and master new skills.
- Teach dozens of activities in which campers unplug from technology, explore nature and play.
- Collaborate with your coworkers to strengthen each.
- Gain real leadership and interpersonal skills you'll use for the rest of your life, no matter your future career.
What You Need to Know (check out the Job Description for more)
- Camp Counselors lead and teach a group of up to 16 campers through the camp day.
- All positions are temporary, seasonal, full time during the camp season. Expect to work from approximately 8 am through 5 pm, Monday through Friday.
- Camp Counselors must be at least 19 years old. We do not have any Assistant Counselor positions available at this time.
- As a day camp, we do not provide housing, meals or transportation.
Learn more from our Frequently Asked Questions page, and read the attached Job Description for more information on requirements and responsibilities.