CTDI is a large scale logistics repair and engineering company that services the country’s largest telecommunications and cable providers. CTDI has over 7,000 FT US Employees in over 58 world class US Operations. CTDI also has a global footprint with more than 16,500 employees worldwide.
The Section Head is responsible for coordinating the overall production process for their assigned section as well as monitoring job and process flow and production output for the line. This position requires individuals who are strong communicators that can motivate a team to achieve certain targets. They also should possess excellent time management and problem-solving skills.
- Receives report from production management at start of shift.
- Run day to day production flow on assigned line, ensuring customer requirements are met. Updates performance/production board on an hourly basis
- Translate the production requirements to planning board (if available) in your section.
- Be the first level of support on any issue and if needed, notify supervisor daily of labor needs (no-shows or shortages)
- Responsible for delegating tasks to staff in section including but not limited to ensuring associates stay on task and in work area, break-time adherence, maintaining flow and process expectations
- Train staff and monitor their adherence to work instructions. Ensure initial training is complete and understand level of performance for section.
- Monitor staff performance to established process times. If required, develop an improvement plan that also includes motivational techniques.
- Monitor flow of product and adjust as needed to level stations and reducing constraint
- In charge of 5S housekeeping standards and checklists are complete for area and that all signage is appropriate for work on rack in area.
- Ensure Preventive Maintenance checklist are complete
- Make sure all those on line have product to work on at all times as well as the necessary tools/equipment needed to perform required tasks
- Other duties as assigned
- Understanding of 5S Process
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrate understanding of motivational techniques, interpersonal skills and the ability to motivate others.
- Understanding of progressive discipline and escalation path if necessary
- Understanding of product flow, troubleshooting, and production planning (Plan to Actual)
- Proven proactive problem-solving ability
- Possesses excellent organizational and follow-up skills
- Ability to work with a diverse population, including all levels of management
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Previous section head experience/ demonstrated leadership and/or management ability preferred
Apply today to join our dynamic team! CTDI offers an excellent compensation and benefits package and has been a growing leader in the telecommunications field for over 40 years. Come put our successful history behind your career!