Madison, WI, US
3 days ago
- Conducts preliminary investigations of various problems and complaints. Completes incident and daily reports and follows up on investigations at the direction of the Manager of Security and Parking or a Security Supervisor.
- Prioritizes duties and calls for service, while providing for the safety and security of all persons and property on assigned Meriter properties.
- Pays special attention to and frequently monitors security-sensitive areas as identified in the Security Management Plan.
- Conducts patrols, provide escorts, secures and unlocks doors, and is attentive to safety problems.
- Provides general customer service to patients, visitors, employees, and others, and is sensitive to dealing with a wide range of people having special needs and individual differences.
- Assists medical staff, patients, and pilots to and from heliport (Med Flight) in a safe and timely manner.
- Assists with parking matters by looking for parking violations. Provides coverage for parking attendants when absent.
- Responds to situations consistent with the training that may require the need to de-escalate difficult people, or in some cases to physically control individuals who are a danger to themselves or others.
- Conducts emergency exercises and evaluations with staff.
- Transport materials around the hospital
Working hours: Various Shifts Available
- Ability to work effectively with computer systems, including security technologies and applications
- Must complete HAZMAT, FEMA, and other training, as identified, within 6 months of hire or as determined by supervisor
- Valid WI Driver License in good standing and ability to obtain and maintain employer driving approval
- Within 1 year of hire, obtain basic certification: International Association for Healthcare Security and Safety
- Must complete training certifications in required training in Defense and Arrest Tactics (DAAT), Non-Violent Crisis Intervention (CPI), HAZMAT, and other required training within 6 months of hire or as determined by supervisor
- High school diploma or GED required
- 6 months of experience in security, safety, community, or customer service
- Experience in a related area or significant educational accomplishment may be considered in lieu of direct experience
- Understanding of State of Wisconsin Statues pertaining to criminal law
Apply via the apply button in the top right hand corner!
Spherion has helped thousands of people just like you find work happiness! Our experienced staff will listen carefully to your employment needs and then work diligently to match your skills and qualifications to the right job and company. No one works harder for you than Spherion. EEO Employer: Race, Religion, Color, National Origin, Citizenship, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, Age, Disability, Ancestry, Veteran Status, Genetic Information, Service in the Uniformed Services or any other classification protected by law.
About the Company
OUR VISION IS TO DRIVE CAREERS, GROW BUSINESSES, AND BETTER THE COMMUNITIES WE CALL HOME.
We're a national recruiting and staffing enterprise that blends the resources of a global HR company with the local insights of our independent franchise owners. A pioneer in the staffing industry, we’ve been providing companies with the workforce solutions they need for over 75 years, while helping people find jobs and build careers where they can thrive.
10,000 employees or more
Employee Referral Program, Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave, Medical, Dental and Vision, Paid sick days, Vacation/paid time off