Benchmark’s company culture is central to our management philosophy. The company’s stated purpose is “to provide an entrepreneurial environment where determined people dare to create, share, and build futures.
To be the “benchmark” by which all others are judged takes passion, courage, and dedication. We invite you to explore our extraordinary offering of unique opportunities, all with a common goal of providing an unforgettable journey.
Job Description Summary:
We are looking for a highly motivated Security Officer to be responsible for the safety and security of guests and employees and the property. This includes supporting other department activities to help assure the highest levels of guest and employee service. If making meaningful connections, figuring out what it takes and stepping it up to win the day is what you do, and you love it, we want you! This is a tremendous opportunity for a driven person to grow and learn at a world-class property.
A Spectacular Mountaintop Retreat
The AAA Four Diamond award-winning Chaminade Resort & Spa is a spectacular mountaintop retreat in Santa Cruz. Our historic Mission-style resort overlooks sweeping views of Monterey Bay and the Santa Cruz Mountains. Chaminade is a luxurious destination for executive meetings, celebrations and getaways. Enjoy color palettes inspired by California coast, contemporary Spanish furnishings, and world-class amenities. Chaminade is just five minutes from golf courses, the beach and downtown Santa Cruz. Escape to a haven of unsurpassed service.
QUALIFICATIONS: EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE, TRAINING, & WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Two years Security or Police (military or civilian) experience, preferably with exposure to the hotel environment
- Prefer two years of college in a safety, security or hospitality related discipline
- First Aid/CPR certification, prefer instructor rating
- High quality written and oral communication skills
- Carry out the policies and procedures of the property and Benchmark, while maintaining the highest degree of professionalism and teamwork atmosphere as per standards of service.
- Follow safety procedures to ensure a safe working environment.
- Reduce the opportunity for the commission of crimes through the use of thorough, preventive patrol and high visibility of security throughout the premises on a timely schedule.
- Promote and preserve the peace on premises to assure a comfortable and non-threatening environment for guests and employees.
- Aid, or seek aid for, individuals who are in danger of physical harm, or in need of medical attention.
- Respond to emergencies as prescribed in Emergencies Service Procedures of the property.
- Assure the security of guest and employee information both in written reports and in general business operations.
- Complete all Daily Activity and Incident Reports.
- Help assure compliance with Liquor Laws.
- Assist in developing and presenting security related programs.
- Review and edit written records produced by Security Officers.
- Be able to work a varied schedule due to changing business levels.
- Provide assistance in other job classification as determined necessary by immediate superior.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time as necessary.
- Ability to walk to the main hotel area periodically.
- Lift, carry and/or move boxes that range from 10-25 pounds.
- Ability to work flexible hours (including evenings and weekends).
- The ability to handle any guest/staff/property issue in a professional and timely manner.
- Ensure that the appropriate actions are taken regarding any safety and/or security issues.