TITLE: Security Officer, Ballpark Security - Third Shift (Night Shift)
DEPARTMENT: Security and Transportation
REPORTS TO: Senior Director, Security & Transportation
STATUS: Full-Time, Non-Exempt
LOCATION: Petco Park
*Third Shift (Night Shift) hours are from 9:00 PM to 5:30 AM*
The Security Officer, Ballpark Security - Third Shift (Night Shift) is primarily responsible for patrolling the ballpark during shifts, ensuring a safe ballpark environment for guests and employees.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Patrols all ballpark property as required and ensures, in a friendly and professional manner, the security of employees, contracted building partners, and visitors.
- Detects and resolves immediate safety and criminal issues; responds to the scene of an incident and acts as an emergency first responder if required.
- Conducts detailed internal investigations into incidents and provides detailed, objective reports for each shift or incident.
- While assuming Loading Dock post: Inspects all vehicles entering the loading dock. Verifies deliveries with the corresponding schedules. Checks driver identifications and logs all deliveries accordingly.
- Monitors and operates closed-circuit surveillance, access control, and fire alarm systems.
- Attends briefing sessions to learn what events and activities are occurring within the ballpark and ascertains the status of event "load-ins" and "load-outs.”
- Acts as property first responder to alarms, medical calls, property damages, etc.
- Maintains absolute confidentiality on sensitive issues.
- Maintains accurate notes and log information as required; ensures that all pass-on information is communicated to the next shift.
- Completes all activity logs, incident reports, repair forms and other documents in a clear, concise and legible format in a timely, efficient manner.
- Greet all clients, employees, guests, and vendors at Petco Park in a professional manner.
- Follows established Ballpark Security protocols and procedures at all times.
- Collaborates with other departments within the organization to strategically create positive publicity for the Club.
- Represents the Club in a positive and professional manner at all times.
- Other duties as assigned.
JOB REQUIREMENTS – Must meet the following minimum requirements:
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous experience in large public assembly facilities highly desirable. Courses in criminal justice or security training by recognized academy, school or organization desirable.
- Must possess effective written and oral communication and social skills with ability to deal with all levels of personnel and the general public in a professional and effective manner; must be able to use initiative and independent judgment within established guidelines.
- Must be available to consistently work Third Shift (Night Shift) which is from 9:00pm until 5:30am for five assigned working days ranging from Saturday through Sunday.
- Must be available to work overtime shifts, including weekends and holidays, as needed.
- Minimum physical requirements: able to travel to and gain access to various areas of the ballpark for prolonged periods of time during games and events; able to ascend and descend stairs; able to lift and transport up to 25 pounds; able to ride a bicycle for prolonged periods of time.
- Fluently bilingual in English/Spanish a plus.
- Possess BSIS Proprietary Security Guard certification a plus.
- Previous Law Enforcement/Public Safety experience a plus.
- Possess high degree of discretion, integrity, professionalism, and accountability.
- Consistent, punctual and regular attendance.
- Professional image and demeanor.
- Strong ability to work with others in a reciprocal, team environment.
- As a condition of employment, the job candidate(s) must successfully complete a post-offer, pre-employment background check and drug screening.
The San Diego Padres are an Equal Opportunity Employer.