Senior Actuarial Analyst
Country Financial - Corporate
As a Senior Actuarial Analyst, you will develop basic to very complex actuarial models leading to the recommendation of extensive and impactful strategies for life insurance company management. You will create and utilize such actuarial models and knowledge to consult and influence management towards courses of action that have impact on products/pricing, valuation, modeling, profitability, underwriting, administration, risk management, and markets. Continued progress towards actuarial designations through the Society of Actuaries is expected.
This position can be full-time remote or work two days a week remote and three days in our corporate offices in Bloomington, IL.
How does aSenior Actuarial Analystmake an impact?
- Builds actuarial assumptions and models using a variety of tools, including actuarial modeling software, data visualization applications, programming languages and Microsoft Office applications.
- Communicates results to direct management, verbally, in writing or in presentation form. Documents work according to actuarial standards of practice.
- Works towards actuarial designation from the Society of Actuaries.
Do you have what we’re looking for?
- 5 or more years of actuarial or related experience
- Associate of the Society of Actuaries (ASA) or near-ASA
- Experience working with Life, Health, and/or Annuity products
- Strong technical and communication skills
- Modeling and/or pricing experience preferred
- Typically requires bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of actuary or related experience (or equivalent, such as 7 years of experience or master’s degree and 3 years of experience).
This position is part of a job family. Placement will be determined by skills and qualifications of the candidate.
Why work with us?
Our employees and representatives serve nearly one million households with our diverse range of personal and business insurance products as well as retirement and investment services. We build relationships and work together to create a stronger, more secure future for our clients and our communities. We’re a big company, yet small enough you can make an impact and won’t get lost in the shuffle. You’ll have the opportunity to learn and grow throughout your career, either within this role or by exploring other areas of our business.
You’ll be able to take advantage of our benefits package, which includes insurance benefits (medical, dental, vision, disability, and life), 401(k) with company match, parental leave, paid time off, paid company holidays and time off to volunteer in your community. Please click here to learn more about who we are and the many benefits we offer our employees.
COUNTRY Financial is committed to providing equal opportunity in all areas of employment, and in providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, veteran status, national origin, disability, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations.
Come join our team at COUNTRY today!
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.