Senior Analytical Chemist
Amazing opportunity to join a cutting-edge pharmaceutical company as a Senior Analytical Chemist!
location: Irvine, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $73,000 - 83,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
- Understand and run HPLC, GC, ICP, UV, FTIR, Dissolution tester and other analytical instrumentation in an analytical lab set up.
- Work on MS Word, Excel, and any one of the chromatography data collection and management software such as Empower, ChemStation.
- Validate/verify new and existing USP methods, and establish a documentation system for drafting, reviewing, and approving method validation protocols, reports, and analytical method SOPs
- Support analytical methods and method development for pharmaceuticals (solids, semisolids, and liquid dosages) and to enhance strength and purity confirmation of our products.
- Conduct method improvements and modifications on commercial analytical methods for pharmaceuticals.
- Conduct method development and USP method feasibility studies for assay, trace elements, and associated characteristics for pharmaceuticals.
- B.S. with 7+ years/ MS with 2+/ Ph.D. with related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience in pharmaceuticals, medical devices or chemical industry.
- Working knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and any one of the chromatography data collection and management software such as Empower, ChemStation etc.
- Understand and apply cGMP principles and FDA regulations for pharmaceuticals.
- Must be a self-starter, work under limited supervision, and capable to take initiative in prioritization and implementation of work.
- Able to read and interpret scientific articles and documents, such as method development publications, FDA regulations, safety rules, and procedure manuals.
- Mastery in calculations and the recording of results of testing in lab books and laboratory reports according to SOPs and cGMP principles.
For certain assignments, Covid-19 vaccination and/or testing may be required by Randstad's client or applicable federal mandate, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations. Carefully review the job posting for details on vaccine/testing requirements or ask your Randstad representative for more information.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
About the Company
Randstad was founded in 1960 by Frits Goldschmeding. We've never let go of his passion or the values that he established. By staying true to those fundamentals, we've expanded to represent more than 90 percent of the HR services market.
We provide outsourcing, staffing, consulting and workforce solutions within the areas of engineering, accounting and finance, healthcare, human resources, IT, legal, life sciences, manufacturing and logistics, office and administration and sales and marketing. We can’t wait to tell you all about it.
Our mission is to be a world leader in matching demand for, and supply of, labor and HR services. We believe in the value of work as a unifying force that shapes society for the better. We live by the core values established early in our company's history: to know, serve and trust, striving for perfection and simultaneous promotion of all interests.