Our client is actively searching for a Senior-Level Geologist with 14+ years' experience to join their team! Candidate must have active Washington L.E.G. license. See description below for more details.
- Perform geologic evaluations in support of geology, earthquake hazard, engineering geology, and geotechnical engineering studies.
- Design, plan, and perform field exploration, testing, and instrumentation programs.
- Perform geologic reconnaissance and mapping.
- Perform observation and testing during construction.
- Perform soil and rock slope stability analyses.
- Interpret soil samples geologically and construct geologic profiles
- Assist with proposal and report preparation.
- Interact and communicate with subcontractors, clients, and staff at all levels.
- Lead, mentor, oversee, and/or supervise engineers and other employees.
- Review technical and other reports, and calculations done by lower-level employees
- Support business development and marketing activities, including preparation of cost proposals and presentations to existing and prospective clients.
- Follow Company’s Quality Assurance policy.
- Follow and promote Company’s Health & Safety and Loss Prevention policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- MS Degree in Geology or Engineering Geology supported by a BS degree in Geology or Engineering Geology.
- Washington L.E.G., required
- 14+ years of experience performing geologic field explorations and studies.
- Mentoring and supervisory experience.
- Experience analyzing LiDAR data, including for geomorphic/landform features.
- Experience with field reconnaissance mapping for civil projects, including landslides.
- Geologic interpretation and analysis using soil and rock samples retrieved from explorations.
- Subsurface exploration techniques including hollow-stem auger drilling, mud rotary drilling, rock coring, and test pit/trench logging.
- Organizing, contracting with, and directing subcontractors a plus.
- Performing soil index property laboratory testing a plus.
- Construction observation and construction material testing of earthwork a plus.
- Pile/shaft foundation construction and retaining wall structure construction observation a plus.
- Basic computer skills: MS Word, Excel, and ESRI ArcGIS required; MS Access, desirable.