San Juan, PR
LUMA - Built for Puerto Rico
We rely on electricity every day. We need it to run our appliances, power the streetlights and produce the goods and services that drive our economy.
At LUMA we are committed to provide Puerto Rico with electricity that we all can depend on. At LUMA, we put people first — our employees, our customers and the communities where we live and work. We encourage and inspire our people to embrace opportunities as they work to build an electricity system that will make Puerto Rico a better place.
If you're looking for a career where you can make a tangible difference in the lives of your neighbors and your community, LUMA is the place for you. LUMA offers new jobs designed to respond to the current and future needs of the T&D system. Together we're transforming the island's electric transmission and distribution system, and energizing Puerto Rico. Please note that these new jobs with LUMA offer different terms and conditions of employment to those currently in place with PREPA.
We will schedule interviews with all qualified PREPA candidates. All PREPA applicants will receive priority in hiring and a compensation package equal to or better than what they receive today. In order to receive notifications as additional positions and locations are posted, please create a profile on our career site.
About the Position
Under the direction and leadership of the General Auditor, the Senior Auditor will be responsible for planning, executing and reporting on LUMA’s operating, financial, compliance and information technology audits and reviews, including developing and modifying risk assessments and audit programs to address emerging and changing risks. This role focuses and oversees audits for operating, regulatory/compliance, information technology or financial procedures. This role is expected to maintain and promote a high standard of confidentiality and strong ethical values in daily activities.
What will you get up to everyday?
- Plans and executes a robust Audit Plan or reviews to evaluate the adequacy of controls and compliance with LUMA corporate policies and regulatory requirements, improve efficiency and reduce costs
- Evaluates risks to achieve business unit objectives and assesses the control systems and mitigating measures to address those risks
- Identify opportunities on the Company’s financial, operational and compliance processes, controls and systems to ensure risks are properly managed and assist customers in developing improvement measures
- Use a broad knowledge of data analytics software and apply data analytics techniques as part of audits and reviews to detect errors and possible fraud. This includes identifying unusual or abnormal transactions and trends in large data populations andprovide analysis of data to support business management decision-making
- Performs file reviews as directed to ensure that work performed by Auditors or peers meets professional requirements
- Provides independent, expert advice to business management with respect to policies and procedures, internal controls and operations best practices in the development of appropriate business processes and controls
- Leads the professional development of Internal Audit staff, including coaching and mentoring less experienced team members and providing technical and audit guidance on business process controls to another Auditor(s). Prepare performance evaluations for Auditors
- Develops and conducts training sessions on professional standards and other topics relevant to different internal stakeholders
- Ensure on time, high quality deliverables and audit reports and review all work paper in general for each assignment
- Provide assistance to the external auditors as coordinated between the General Auditor and the external auditors
- Excellent analytical and, investigative skills. Focused on details, problem solving and strategic thinking
- Excellent knowledge of the Institute of Internal Auditors’ “International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing”, Risk’s Management Principal and Methodologies, and other practices standards
- Proficient in MS Office programs such as, Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook and other operative/accounting programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (both, inEnglish and Spanish languages) with the ability to clearly articulate identified problems and findings to auditee senior management, executives or to the Board of Directors and facilitate problem resolution. Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build effective working relationships to enhance credibility in daily activities
- Perform major storm restoration work and associated drills as assigned
- Follow all policies and procedures
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Supervise >0-3
What We are Hoping You Bring to LUMA
LUMA's culture is rooted in the concept of People First, Safety Always. We want your knowledge and expertise to pair with LUMA's globally recognized experts in numerous fields such as customer service, field workforce development, high-voltage transmission engineering, distributed energy resources and mini/micro grid integration.
Our employees receive substantial training and development, as well as opportunities for advancement and success. Within our People First, Safety Always culture, we're committed to offering continuous learning opportunities and career-long support for our employees.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree inBusiness Administration with a major in Accounting, Finance or related field and a minimum of 8 years of audit experience in public practice or industry
- 4 or more years of supervisory experience of audit personnel in an Organization with similar internal structure to LUMA
Preferred Education and Experience
- Master's Degreein Business Administration with a major in Accounting, Finance or related field and a minimum of 5 years of audit experience in public practice and/or industry
- Valid driver’s License
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) and/or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) are preferred
- Professional accounting designation as “Certified Public Accountant” (CPA) is desired
- Percent of time:30%
- Overnight required: No
- Stationary Position -Constantly
- Pushing/Pulling/Reaching - Seldom
- Climb- N/A
- Kneel– Seldom
- Grab- Seldom
- Bend -Seldom
- Lift/carry over-30 LBS
- Vision- Vision acuity to operate vehicle
- Hearing- N/A
- Wet or Humid- Seldom
- Working near or on moving mechanical parts- N/A
- Working near or on heavy machinery -N/A
- Working in high places- N/A
- Exposed to fumes or airborne particles- N/A
- Exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals- N/A
- Frequency of working in outdoor weather conditions- Seldom
- Work with Electricity- N/A
- Work with explosives- N/A
- Work on or near a source of radiation- N/A
- Loud noise conditions (above 87dB)- N/A
- Other Environmental Factors including weather conditions– N/A
We are looking forward to seeing your application!
You made it to the end of the job posting! Thank you for expressing interest in LUMA and taking the time to read all the details of this position. We encourage you to apply and give us the opportunity to get to know you better through the recruitment process. Together, we're energizing the people of Puerto Rico.
Note: This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, working conditions, physical demands, and activities may change or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.
LUMA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.