Senior Auto Service Appraiser - Kansas City
Job Number: 200508
Primary Location: US-MO-Kansas City
At COUNTRY Financial, our Senior Auto Service Appraiser inspects damaged vehicles and prepares itemized damage appraisals outlining cost of parts, materials, and labor necessary to restore vehicles to their pre-damage condition. Determines if damages are sufficient to declare the vehicle a total loss.
This position covers the Kansas City, KS and MO metro area.
- Communicates with vehicle owners to promptly schedule physical inspections of damaged vehicle.
- Completes physical inspections of damaged property, when necessary, evaluates damages and prepares written estimates in accordance with applicable policy coverage. Audits/reviews body shop and independent appraiser estimates, supplements and subrogation documentation relative to claims guidelines and procedures.
- Communicates all information obtained to involved parties, negotiates and settles claims within prescribed authority. Maintains professional working relationships with body shops, vendors and internal customers.
- Proficient in writing auto estimates in CCC.
- Good organizational skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Self starter - able to work remotely with limited supervision.
- Body shop &/or insurance experience
- Typically requires:
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of property/casualty claims experience, OR
- Master’s degree and at least 3 years of property/casualty claims experience, OR
- At least 7 years of property/casualty claims experience.
- Normal office environment.
- Work may extend beyond normal business hours as business needs dictate.
For more details about careers at COUNTRY Financial®, please visit us online at www.countryfinancial.com/careers.
COUNTRY Financial does not generally sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.