Senior Bioinformatics Scientist
Mountain View, CA
Are you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and sending us your resume.
Salary: $100,000 - $150,000 per year
A bit about us:
We are a leading cloud based SaaS startup in the biotech industry. Our platforms leads to insights for improved diagnostics, targeted therapies, and better patient care. We recently completed a $100 million financing round to advance our growth globally to further serve leading healthcare and life science organizations! If you are interested in becoming a leader in the Biotech space, apply today!
Location: Mountain View, CA or FULLY REMOTE
Why join us?
- 100% of health premiums paid by employer for YOU, 75% paid for dependents
- 401K and Stock options
- Great company culture
- Remote options
- Rapidly growing company
What you will be doing:
We are looking for a bioinformatician familiar with genomics who enjoys working hands-on with other scientists, software engineers, and clients to solve informatics challenges to join our team. As a member of the Bioinformatics team, you will work with industry leaders across all aspects of genomics, gaining exposure to leading genomic science and application development. You will advise customers on best-practices, develop and integrate bioinformatics pipelines, data standards, methods, and datasets into our platform. You'll also be the scientific and technical liaison between us and some of the highest-profile clients to help them fully leverage our products and services to achieve their scientific objectives.
- Research, integrate, test and validate new bioinformatics methods on our platform.
- Ability to develop reusable, well-tested software in WDL, Python, R or shell scripting.
- Work directly with clients to assess their scientific and bioinformatics needs and creatively propose solutions to meet or exceed these needs.
- Advise customers on research and clinical pipelines incorporating multi-omics data of various types
- Introduce the company to prospective customers and demonstrate how we can help them migrate to the cloud.
- Teach new customers how to use the platform and SDK to develop their own analytic tools
- Advance our relationships with scientific and technical users, achieve customer satisfaction objectives, and grow our active user base.
- Synthesize learnings from customers to help direct our technology development roadmap.
- Masters, or equivalent experience, in computer science, bioinformatics, computational biology, biology, genetics, or related discipline with a computational emphasis. A Ph.D. is desirable.
- Strong programming ability in relevant framework and languages such as WDL, CWL, Nextflow, Python, R or shell scripting.
- Hands-on experience with genomics sequence analysis, for example, using popular tools such as BWA and GATK.
- Available for occasional travel (~25%) to conferences and to customer sites.
Nice to have:
- Understanding of cloud computing and high-performance computing.
- Experience designing automated processes with REST APIs, cron jobs, github actions, AWS Lambda, etc, especially for mission critical systems.
- Experience with big data analytics technologies including Spark, Hive, and Hadoop.
- Experience implementing data science solutions, especially AI/ML.
- Experience with a variety of multi-omics or other complex data types.
- Familiarity with software development and project management processes and tools (agile, JIRA, github, etc.).
Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button.
About the Company
The Jobot platform blends proprietary AI technology and experienced recruiting pros to create the first of its kind job matching engine. This unique blend of technology and recruiting skills make recruiting top talent and building a positive work culture possible for every company.
Inc. Magazine recently named Jobot a Best Workplace for 2020 and 2021. CEO and Founder Heidi Golledge is an expert in recruiting and staffing has been recognized by Staffing Industry Analysts, Forbes, and leading business publications for her leadership in the staffing and recruiting vertical.
Jobot is headquartered in Newport Beach in California. The company also has offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, and Boston.
To learn more about Jobot visit: www.Jobot.com