Senior Business Analyst
Downers Grove, IL
Want to work for a company that is reimagining distribution? Join Univar Solutions, the premier global distributor of chemicals and ingredients. Our goal is to function as a direct extension of our customers’ teams; to serve as an ally in their quest of business success.
At Univar Solutions, we’re building on our more than 90 years of experience and drawing on deep resources – inventory and logistics experts, scientists, PhDs, procurement, customer service, sales and marketers-to deliver consultative services and an unmatched portfolio to solve customers’ formulation and operational challenges. When you work for Univar Solutions, you’ll play an important role in shaping how we deliver more than chemical and ingredients.
The Senior Business Analyst will be a key member of the Corporate FP&A team. You will partner with finance and business partners to improve our management reporting systems and process, assist in the monthly financial close, and provide ad hoc systems support. You will interface with financial management in business units, overseas, and at the corporate headquarters.
- Ensure timely and accurate generation of financial data, maintain consistency and standardization amongst the various types of reports and databases.
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of existing business application architecture, including integrations and data structures.
- Design, test and maintain the financial statements including Income Statements, Balance Sheets and Cash Flow
- Facilitate the budgeting and forecast process by compiling, analyzing, and presenting business and subscriber data
- Develop and maintain a working relationship with other teams to leverage data access and transfer using the BI applications
- Analyze requirements and develop functional requirements and/or solution design documents.
- Liaise with internal business and IT groups in performing support activities, system configuration and enhancement requests.
- Participate in the design and rollout of new system functionality to power users and end-users.
- Maintain master data and keep business hierarchies in sync.
- 50/50 monthly duties vs project work
- 3-5 years of experience with accounting, finance, or related functions
- 2+ years of experience with EPM tools (SAP/BPC, Oracle, Hyperion, OneStream or related platform)
- Experience with BPC/EPM a plus
- Exposure to data mapping, coding, metadata and report development
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle diverse and significant workload
- Must be detail-oriented and deadline sensitive
- Proficient with Excel formulas and pivot tables (VBA a plus)
- Experience with Tableau, Alteryx, Salesforce and/or AWS is a bonus
- Excellent teamwork and prioritization skills
- Experience working in a multi-cultural and global environment preferred
Education / Training:
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or IT from fully accredited four year institution is required
• Must be proficient in Microsoft office and have strong writing/communication skills
Univar Solutions is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against based on their race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, or other protected classification.
We offer comprehensive benefits to employees including medical, dental, STD, LTD and life insurance, 401k, generous PTO and much more.