- Places orders for materials, equipment, operating supplies, and services involving high financial risk.
- Selects capable and competitive suppliers based on quality, delivery, service, and total cost objectives
- Applies proper terms and condition
- Anticipates and identifies problems, develops alternative solutions, and selects and implements appropriate solutions;communicates major problems to management
- Administers purchasing per established purchasing procedure
- Establishes material contracts consistent with cost, schedule, inventory, and quality requirements.
- Develops and negotiates long term annual contracts and agreements using proper terms and conditions
- Administers and ensures compliance to contract terms and conditions
- Seeks guidance and approval of supervisor before company resources are committed beyond authorized limits
- Participates in and provides leadership role for the research of materials for new products.
- Ensure the delivery of materials, equipment or services to meet production schedules.
- Issues purchase orders to replenish stock
- Places orders for materials that are identified as ldquo;Specialsrdquo; which have no pricing and/or suppliers established
- Develops forecasts and schedules for product models
- Has extensive contact with suppliers to ensure on-time delivery of acceptable product and resolve issues; expedite materialas requested by the Customer Service and/or Production groups
- Completes the necessary paperwork and communicates to appropriate personnel when returns, repairs, exchanges, or credits are required
- Updates purchasing database information in an accurate and timely manner.
- Updates supplier lead-times
- May be responsible for ensuring that assigned component specifications/drawings are clear and accurate
- Supports company objectives in areas of quality, delivery, inventory, and cost
- Reports supplier quality and delivery performance
- Provides price and availability forecasts
- Works with other Buyers or Accounts Payable to correct purchase order/receipt discrepancies
- Actively seeks alternative processes, suppliers, and materials to minimize cost and ensure delivery and qualityrequirements are met
- May perform complex duties in order to maximize the effectiveness of the assigned work group.
- Participates in Continuous Improvement activities
- Maintains conduct consistent with company policy, accepted practice and applicable Federal and State regulations.
Bachelor#39;s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, Engineering or related field
- Four (4) years of related experience
Buying/planning/inventory control experience in a manufacturing environment
Demonstrated ability to communicate (verbal/written) effectively with customers, suppliers, and all employees.
Demonstrated ability to work in a cooperative and team-oriented environment.
Demonstrated analytical and planning skills.
Proficient in Microsoft Office
Ability to drive savings
Working with Suppliers experience
Legal authorization to work in the United States