8 days ago
Serves as an integral business leader on the Global Legal Team, performing legal services for the company involving consultation, advisory, and document review and drafting activities and carries out the legal processes necessary to affect the rights, privileges, and obligations of the organization. Focuses primarily on commercial transactions, contract negotiations and interpretation primarily in the area of warehousing and transportation logistics. Responsible for the management and development of process and policy to ensure efficient and timely delivery of major revenue and service contracts.
1. Drives contract delivery processes including design and implementation of procedures, tools and policy changes to ensure world class quality and speed to closure.
2. Prepares and reviews a wide variety of legal instruments and documents, focusing primarily on key customer/commercial agreements, warehousing and transportation services contracts and vendor agreements.
3. Supports business and sales groups in negotiating services scope, pricing, deliverables and other commercial terms.
4. Provides rapid, practical, business oriented legal advice directly to operational and corporate internal customers, including compliance with various laws and regulations applicable to warehousing, transportation and logistics operations.
5. Responsible for contract form updates for company services in addition to preparation and review of equipment leases, purchase and sale agreements, brokerage and carrier agreements.
6. Provides legal advice and support to claims group including research, interpretation and application of contract terms, regulatory and statutory obligations in warehousing and transportation law, including detention and demurrage issues, damage claims.
7. Provides legal advice to Transportation group including sales, regulatory, permitting, licensing and related support.
8. Collaborate with and facilitate cross-team decision making among Legal and other internal teams.
9. Performs other duties appropriate to the role, or as required or necessary.
Qualifications & Experience:
Education, Training & Professional Experience:
• Juris Doctorate required from an ABA accredited College of Law.
• 10+ years’ experience; preferably obtained through a combination of in-house and law firm experience, but experience limited to a large to medium sized law firm will be considered.
• Must be a licensed Attorney in at least one state and qualify under Georgia legal practice rules for practice as an in-house counsel.
• Strong background in commercial transactions with demonstrated ability to negotiate and close enterprise level commercial contracts of significant revenue.
• Ideal candidate also has solid knowledge and experience with UCC-7, 49 USC and related laws and regulations
• Must have experience advising all levels of management professionals in mid to large size companies – preferably public companies.
• Strong computer skills including knowledge of Microsoft applications, Sharepoint, and Salesforce.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of contacts, including outside attorneys, senior management, and business associates.
Knowledge & Employment Standards:
• Self-starter who relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Must excel in a deadline-driven environment.
• Must demonstrate in depth knowledge of compliance obligations affecting business.
• Must possess excellent writing, organizational, negotiation, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
• Must have strong customer service orientation.
• Must demonstrate consistently high quality legal work product.
• Must demonstrate good judgment and decision making ability.
• Must be able to work independently and multitask in a fast-paced work environment.
• Demonstrates flexibility and commitment.
• Demonstrates an uncompromising level of integrity and code of ethics and maintain a high degree of confidentiality
Physical Requirements & Abilities:
The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
• Requires the ability to sit for long periods of time, with frequent interruptions
• Requires several hours per day of sitting, getting up and down from chairs, and reaching, or bending
• Requires manual dexterity with normal hand and finger movements for typical office work
• Talking, hearing, and seeing are important elements of completing assigned tasks
• Requires some travel by automobile and airplane up to 10% of the time
• Carries loads related to travel and occasionally lifts, carries, positions, or moves objects weighing up to 20 pounds
• Occasionally works evenings or weekends in order to complete objectives or to attend meetings
• Requires the ability to relate to others beyond giving and receiving instructions: must partner with colleagues without exhibiting behavioral extremes
• Requires the performance of work activities including reasoning, negotiating, instructing, persuading, or speaking with others; and respond appropriately to constructive feedback from executive management
Americold is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
EOE/AA M/F/D/V DFW.