Senior Data Analytics Engineer
The Data and Analytics Engineer III is responsible for design, development and implementation of optimal solutions to integrate, store, process and analyze huge data sets. This includes an understanding of methodology, design, specifications, programming, delivery, monitoring, and support standards. Individual must have extensive knowledge of designing and developing data pipelines and delivering advanced analytics, with open source Big Data processing frameworks such as Hadoop version 2 technologies. Individual must have proven competency in programming utilizing distributed computing principles. The Data and Analytics Engineer Senior is also responsible for supporting the business goals and objectives for the Data Management & Analytics Department, the Information Management Organization, and the organization as a whole.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or related field is required. Master’s degree is preferred.
- Proficiency with Hadoop v2, MapReduce, Spark, HDFS, Python or R.
- Experience with data integration with ETL techniques and frameworks, such as Flume.
- Proficiency with Big Data querying tools, such as Pig, Hive, and Impala.
- Experience with messaging systems, such as Kafka or MQ
- Experience with Big Data Machine Learning toolkits, such as Mahout or SparkML.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB
- Knowledge of Hadoop cluster management, with all included services
- Experience with building stream-processing systems, using solutions such as Storm or Spark-Streaming is preferred.
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture
- Advanced level of SQL programing and query performance tuning techniques for Data Integration and Consumption using design for optimum performance against large data asset within an OLTP, OLAP and MPP architecture.
- Solid understanding of BI and analytics landscape, preferable in large-scale development environments.
- Must have the communication skills and ability to develop and present solutions to all levels of management (including executive levels).
- Must have demonstrated the ability to solve complex problems with minimal direction.
- Must be able to interact effectively and patiently with customers especially while under pressure.
- The ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet project deadlines for self and others as required.
- Ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with other employees.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience in MapReduce, Spark programming.
- Minimum of six (6) years of experience developing analytics solutions with large data sets within an OLAP and MPP architecture.
- Minimum of Ten (10) years of experience with design, architecture and development of Enterprise scale platforms built on open source frameworks.
- Certifications in Hadoop or Java are a plus.
About the Company
In 1999, two historic Catholic charities became one, forming CHRISTUS Health and creating a unique purpose in the modern health care market - to take better care of people.
To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ, the mission that the Sisters of Charity Health Care system and Incarnate Word Health system shared for more than a century, is now also the mission of CHRISTUS Health.
Ranked among the top 10 Catholic health systems in the United States by size, the CHRISTUS Health system includes more than 40 hospitals and facilities in seven U.S. states, Chile and six states in Mexico, with assets of more than $4.6 billion.
Whether seeking care in Alexandria Louisiana, or Coahuila, Mexico, patients discover that the healing spirit is alive at CHRISTUS Health.