Senior Data Engineer II
Epsilon Systems Inc
Epsilon C5I (http://epsilonsystems.com/c5i) is seeking a Data Engineer with at least 8 years of experience for work in Springfield, VA. In this role, you will be part of a team providing development, integration, and sustainment of Geospatial Intelligence data management services in the Cloud, across multiple security enclaves. Our engineers will develop and integrate new services to manage and disseminate mission data to authorized users. These modernized services will allow the government to retire the legacy library systems and provide new functionality that addresses enduring and emerging missions. If you have a passion for excellence in engineering and enjoy working on challenging projects in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment read on!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assembling large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Building the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using AWS big data technologies.
- Building analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Present information using data visualization techniques
- Experience with and processing large volumes of data.
- Work directly with engineers to complete tasks
- Undertake data collection, preprocessing, and analysis
- Bachelor s degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field.
- At least eight (8+) years of experience working in a Data Engineer or Data Analysis role
- Active TS/SCI clearance and eligibility to obtain CI Poly
- Experience building and optimizing big data data pipelines, architectures and data sets.
- Experience performing root cause analysis on internal and external data and processes to answer specific business questions and identify opportunities for improvement.
- Experience building processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Demonstrated success in manipulating, processing and extracting value from large disconnected data sets.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, telephone etiquette, and professional demeanor.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Effective team player with highly proficient customer service skills.
- Flexible and able to work in a dynamic, team-oriented environment.
- Familiar with Microsoft Office application (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Visio).
- Pursuant to the various government contractual requirements, all applicants must be U.S. Citizens.
- Able to handle prolonged sitting and use of computer.
- Office environment.
Epsilon C5I and its subsidiaries are proud to be Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employers, Minority/Female/Disabled/Veterans.