Senior Data Scientist / Engineer
AMI Group, LLC
TITLE: Senior Data Scientist/Engineer
COMPANY: AMI Group, LLC
REPORTS TO: Chief Executive Officer
SALARY RANGE: $120,000 - $140,000
Primarily responsible for providing data science support for various projects within Chicago Parking Meters, LLC (“CPM”). The Senior Data Scientist assists in overseeing the activities of the data analyst(s) and provides advanced expertise and guidance on statistical and mathematical concepts for the data and analytics team. The Senior Data Scientist applies and inspires the adoption of advanced data science and analytics across the business.
The Senior Data Scientist synthesizes and leverages CPM’s data to enhance the business’ capabilities for overall goal achievement. The Senior Data Scientist is instrumental in helping the business continue its evolution into an analytical and data-driven culture.
This role of the Senior Data Scientist supports relevant stakeholders through quantitative analytics, and the application of appropriate advanced analytics for CPM’s key initiatives.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Provide advanced analysis, recommendations, and support for various projects within CPM. Projects include the rollout and ongoing performance measurement for CPM’s parking meter system and process improvements. The position will support and contribute to the success of these projects, including one or more of the following functions:
- Collect and manage project data, organize, analyze, and prepare reports on vendor and system performance.
- Develop statistical models in key areas of parking data including enforcement and demand.
- Assist in identifying and measuring Key Performance Indicators in numerous operational areas.
- Develop an understanding of the parking meter system requirements and project goals. Drawing upon this understanding and the collected project data, investigate options, draw conclusions and/or make recommendations as required.
- Manage the collection of meter data, which is supplied through the operator and meter equipment software and provide analysis of this data. As required, provide input and recommendations for leveraging this data to drive improved asset performance.
- Develop and support profitability analyses and models, including potential revenue, projected cost-savings, and operating efficiency maximization models. Recommend and develop automated processes for collecting data and managing output for these models. Participate in the development of industry leading work process, technology, revenue collection, and profitability analysis initiatives.
- Implement and handle end-to-end data science products and analytics.
- Manipulate and extract ‘big data’ from large, disconnected datasets that can require complex queries and advanced knowledge of SQL with familiarity in a variety of databases.
- Work closely with team members and assist in developing the technical, statistical, and analytical skillsets of the data analyst(s). Direct and review the work of data analyst(s) and intern(s) to complete projects as required.
SKILLS, EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
At least five years of data science experience, preferably working as a Senior Data Scientist and/or Data Engineer. The candidate must also have had substantial experience working on strategy or full-life cycle data science as well as experience working with data mining tools such as Python, SQL and R. A suitable candidate for this position will also have had experience in data mining and predictive modeling including linear and non-linear regression, logistic regression, and time series analysis models. Statistical machine learning experience is preferred. The candidate will also have had experience working with deep learning algorithms and large datasets as well as experience working with unstructured data and experience cleaning and manipulating data.
The Senior Data Scientist should have at least a bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or any other related quantitative field. A master’s degree in a similar analytical field is preferred.
The candidate must have the ability to organize and prioritize work, and to interpret and present information clearly and professionally. Must be proactive, meet assigned deadlines, be able to work both independently and as part of a team, must have a strong ability to mobilize people and work with both internal and external contacts.
All applicants will be afforded equal opportunity without discrimination because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identification, marital status, national origin or ancestry, age, physical or mental handicap unrelated to ability, or an unfavorable discharge from military service.
This position is not eligible for visa sponsorship.