Senior Data Scientist
Sears Holdings Corporation
Hoffman Estates, IL
Job DescriptionReq/Job ID: 1004231BR
Employing Entity: Transform SR Holding Management LLC
Employment Category: Regular, Full-time
Job Function: Information Technology
Store ID: 58491: Sears Holdings Management Corp
The Senior Data Scientist is responsible for overseeing the development of analytical tools and algorithms used to optimize all of Sears Home Services In-Home routing and capacity needs.
Responsible for delivering a solution on how to efficiently determine near term capacity and routing for over 7000 In-Home technicians.
Job RequirementsJob Duties/Responsibilities:
• Develops long-term statistical forecasting models for routing and capacity needs.
• Provides business analysis using mathematical modeling tools to answer critical business questions.
• Builds quantitative mathematical models to represent capacity needs, long term forecasting plans, transportation and logistics systems.
• Implements models and tools through mathematical modeling and by engineering code in software languages such as Java, Python, and SQL on Linux and unix operations systems.
• Applies theories of mathematical optimization, including linear programming, combinatorial optimization, integer programming, dynamic programming, stochastic programming, and network flows and other algorithms to design optimal or near optimal solution methodologies to be used by the in-house decision support tools and software.
• Applies probability theory, statistics, simulation, and stochastic modeling methodologies to model uncertainty in operational systems; uses mathematical models to make business decisions that are robust to uncertainty and test out new proposed solutions (sensitivity analysis or scenario analysis).
• Creates software prototypes to verify and validate the devised solutions methodologies; integrates the prototypes into production systems using standard software development tools and methodologies.
• Effectively communicates with senior management as well as with colleagues from computer science, operations research, and business backgrounds.
• Experience applying optimization models for business decision support
• Experience applying machine learning algorithms to find business-critical patterns in operational data
• Experience analyzing large datasets
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated experience designing/building forecasting systems and business metrics
• PhD and at least 3 years work experience.
• PhD in Operations Research, Applied Mathematics, Theoretical Computer Science, or related Engineering Field
About the Company
Sears Holdings Corporation
Sears Holdings Corporation (NASDAQ: SHLD) is a leading integrated retailer with almost 2,500 full-line and specialty retail stores in the United States and Canada and the home of Shop Your Way, a social shopping experience where members have the ability to earn points and receive benefits across a wide variety of physical and digital formats through ShopYourWay.com. Sears Holdings is the leading home appliance retailer as well as a leader in tools, lawn and garden, fitness equipment and automotive repair and maintenance. Key proprietary brands include Kenmore, Craftsman and DieHard, with a broad apparel offering, including such well-known labels as Lands' End, the Kardashian Kollection, Jaclyn Smith and Joe Boxer, as well as Sofia by Sofia Vergara and The Country Living Home Collection. We are the nation's largest provider of home services, with more than 14 million service and installation calls made annually, and have a long-established commitment to those who serve in the military through initiatives like the Heroes at Home program. We have been named the 2011 Mobile Retailer of the Year, Recipient of the 2013 ENERGY STAR® " Partner of the Year - Sustained Excellence Award" for Product Retailing and Energy Management and was named one of the Top 20 Best Places to Work for Recent Grads. Sears Holdings Corporation operates through its subsidiaries, including Sears, Roebuck and Co. and Kmart Corporation.