Senior Data Scientist
New York, NY
It’s a new day in health care!
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a ground-breaking moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. We’re currently looking for talented, mission-oriented scientists to support our home health business. As a data scientist on this team, you can expect to leverage diverse datasets (medical claims, EMR, device data) to develop and test new models of care for patients in their homes.
As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all. We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
As a Senior Data Scientist within CVS Health, you will:
• Lead and participate in the development, validation and delivery of algorithms, statistical models and reporting tools. Solves complex analytical problems.
• Develops and/or uses algorithms and statistical predictive models and determines analytical approaches and modeling techniques to evaluate scenarios and potential future outcomes. Performs analyses of structured and unstructured data to solve multiple and/or complex business problems utilizing advanced statistical techniques and mathematical analyses and broad knowledge of the organization and/or industry.
• Collaborates with business partners to understand their problems and goals, develop predictive modeling, statistical analysis, data reports and performance metrics.
• Develop and participate in presentations and consultations to existing and prospective constituents on analytics results and solutions. Interacts with internal and external peers and managers to exchange complex information related to areas of specialization.
• Use strong knowledge in algorithms and predictive models to investigate problems, detect patterns and recommend solutions. Use strong programming skills to explore, examine and interpret large volumes of data in various forms.
This position can be done fully remote or WFH flexible in one of our Analytics Hubs
• 5 or more years of progressively complex related experience
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
CVS Health requires its Colleagues in certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 (including any booster shots if required), where allowable under the law, unless they are approved for a reasonable accommodation based on disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief that prevents them from being vaccinated.
- If you are vaccinated, you are required to have received at least one COVID-19 shot prior to your first day of employment and to provide proof of your vaccination status within the first 30 days of your employment. For the two COVID-19 shot regimen, you will be required to provide proof of your second COVID-19 shot within the first 60 days of your employment. Failure to provide timely proof of your COVID-19 vaccination status will result in the termination of your employment with CVS Health.
- If you are unable to be fully vaccinated due to disability, medical condition, pregnancy, or religious belief, you will be required to apply for a reasonable accommodation within the first 30 days of your employment in order to remain employed with CVS Health. As a part of this process, you will be required to provide information or documentation about the reason you cannot be vaccinated. If your request for an accommodation is not approved, then your employment may be terminated.
• Demonstrates strong ability to communicate technical concepts and implications to business partners
• Anticipates and prevents problems and roadblocks before they occur
• Strong knowledge of advanced analytics tools and languages to analyze large data sets from multiple data sources
• Demonstrates proficiency in most areas of mathematical analysis methods, machine learning, statistical analyses, and predictive modeling and in-depth specialization in some areas
Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, Business Analytics, Economics, Physics, Engineering, or related discipline.
Master’s degree or PhD preferred
At CVS Health, we are joined in a common purpose: helping people on their path to better health. We are working to transform health care through innovations that make quality care more accessible, easier to use, less expensive and patient-focused. Working together and organizing around the individual, we are pioneering a new approach to total health that puts people at the heart.
We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring or promotion based on race, ethnicity, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or protected veteran status or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.
About the Company
CVS Health offers a world of promising job opportunities across a diverse range of careers in everything from corporate and pharmacy roles to retails positions. No matter where you work at CVS Health, your unique skills, talents and abilities are welcome and valued. We recognize and reward greatness and want our employees to know their work is making a difference in the lives of millions. Join us today. Together we can continue making innovative, high-quality health and pharmacy services safe, affordable and accessible – for all.