Senior Electrical Engineer - IE
Goss Engineering is seeking an Electrical Engineer who will lead the electrical design of major projects, including conceptual design, construction document preparation, construction administration, and coordination between design disciplines. The Electrical Engineer will need experience with power, lighting, and fire alarm design, through a history of successful MEP projects. The ideal candidate will demonstrate the ability to:
- Provide expert knowledge for electrical design for major projects including: higher education, central plant, campus infrastructure, and tenant improvement projects.
- Apply experience in work planning, scheduling, and task management.
- Perform and/or direct the preparation of complex project documents including specifications and bid documents such as writing new specifications for standard and non-standard items, checking that items mentioned on plans appear in specifications and checking the layout and accuracy of the bid package.
- Coordinate with senior engineering and design staff from project inception to completion.
- Interact with clients, utility representatives, code officials and contractors, including engineering support during construction.
- Assist in the trouble shooting of electrical-related project problems as they arise and ensure that all electrical engineering work is of the highest professional quality.
- Effectively delegate work to junior staff.